1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Active Member

Kerbal Space Programs 1.1 pre-release update. I guess you could call it a beta for the Unity 5 update to KSP.
    Full of nice updates to an already awesome games.

2. Grimloon

Grimloon New Member

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. It's open beta on pre-purchase so I figured I'd give it a go ahead of launch, I'm a little bit a fanboy where 40K is concerned so I rather had to :blush: I've played the available bits of the campaign (3 missions) and then dove in to the solo skirmish to learn the mechanics, no multiplayer games yet. My opinion so far? What's there at present plays with a very similar feel to the tabletop version (which I still have :)) I'm liking it, finding that Orks is the way for me as well "For Gork 'n' Mork! WAAAAAGH!!!!" Get up close and personal, ram when appropriate and otherwise just wreck face. Torpedoes are pretty nasty as they have the boarding variety which is likely to screw up your day. Imperium's a mixed bag, OK at any range but not great at one. Chaos is fast and long ranged, less armour. Kinda squishy. Eldar next week, glass cannons apparently. We shall see...

Other than that, still playing The Division, picked up Rainbow Six Siege and running Killing Floor 2 with a mate on Sundays. Oh, and Divinity:Original Sin which eats up a lot of time. Add War Thunder and Marvel Heroes 2016 to that and I'm pretty much stuffed as far as gaming time goes!

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

So what are you (struggling) to play now.

CoD Modern Warfare 3. I cam only play this game in short lengths usually about a level at a time. Not that it is that boring, just that it is same old same old. I suspect that CoD Black Ops 3 will be much more of the same.

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Is anyone else playing Hyper Light Drifter?

The game has some of the best and aesthetically pleasing pixel art I have ever seen in a game. Still I am not enjoying the game that much so far. Hyper Light Drifter is really hard. I find it much more difficult than Dark Souls, the game everyone seems to compare HLD to. However HLD lacks a sense of progression, reward and accomplishment, something always very present in Dark Souls.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Played a little bit of Rocket League which I'm enjoying, just doing some stuff against AI to get to grips with the controls etc.

Reinstalled Mark of Ninja which I'm definitely going to try and work through.

Started Forced with my brother which seems like it'll be a fun game to play through when we're wanting something a bit more pick up and play.

6. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I've started playing BF4 again as it seems to be the only game I have that doesn't crash within 10 minutes since updating to the latest Nvidia drivers.

7. stephen0205

stephen0205 Member

tomorrow, some quantum break

8. pilsner72

pilsner72 Member

Just got through a couple of rounds of Killer instinct on a xbox 360 controller, I think it's the most i've played this type of game since way of the exploding fist using a Quickshot 2 joystick.

Kind of addictive.

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Grim Dawn and Final Fantasy IX.

Now at the point with all ARPGs like Grim Dawn where I'm starting to get bored from the semi-mindless click-kill-collect-click-kill-collect loop the game has stuck me in.

Actually really impressed with the Final Fantasy IX PC port. They did pretty well with it. Much better than the did with the terrible FFVI release. Now here's hopin' FFX/X-2 are well done also...

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

11. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

The Division.Not sure about this, I am getting a little annoyed with games tart it I'd necessary to refer to Google so much because there is so much crafting, character building, abilities etc which one needs to kearn but with little training or explanation on how to accomplish this.
    The enemy are bullet sponges even with headshot which again is annoying when you have several enemies coming at you at the same time.
    It is a big detailed game but with few doors open ???
    Has not gripped thus far, I am more inclined to play user maps on Portal 2 than The Division but perhaps it will get better once I learn more of the crafting etc bit.

12. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Black Mesa

I played this when it was first released as a free mod for Half Life 2. Suffice to say, I bought it when it was Greenlit since it was probably one of the best damn games I've ever played, let alone a mod.

Well, I fancied a playthrough for old time's sake and they've actually been working on it the whole time to make the thing even better.

Lots of extra stuff has been added, levels have been improved further and sections previously missing have been added - for example, 'On a Rail'. I'm still playing through, but as far as I know, Xen still hasn't been done but they are working on it.

If you haven't played it through since the launch, you owe it to yourself to. Absolutely fantastic and worth any price. A reminder of the golden age of twitch shooters. 11/10. I think this is now my favourite game of all time.

13. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Sounds like GPU or system problems.

Nvidia very stable generally.

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So it's pretty much June and i'm now 41 hours in and on mission 25. Where has the time gone? And more importantly what have I been doing? Damn you CSGO!

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

Elite Dangerous.

I'm nearly at the end of the Outer Spiral Arm now, eighty eight thousand light years and counting!

Also BF3, good grief I love that game. Working on getting mastery for all the primary guns, just the really rubbish guns left now....

16. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Total War: Warhammer, first time playing Total War game (or any RTS for that matter), it was bit challenging at first, but slowly it got easier, and its really addictive, i clocked in 21 hours of playtime in 3 days :D

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Also TW:Warhammer. Spending far too much time on it, :D

Currently at something like turn ~90 in a Dwarf campaign, nearly taken the entire southern area.

Looking forward to trying some of the other races eventually, :D.

18. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

HordeZ, Space Pirate Trainer, Elite Dangerous, Project Cars.

19. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I felt like trying Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings from my Wii backlog last night. Ended up playing 4hrs+ straight - great fun, good pacing, no boring bits having to slog back and forth trying to solve obscure puzzles. It's simple, straight-forward, but does a great job of providing an Indy feel to the game - it feels like a genuine part of Indy canon, even if the story itself is fairly thin. And the motion controls really add a brawling feel to the hand-to-hand combat. Not a long game, as I'm more than 60% through I think, but worth playing if you're an Indy fan, there's nothing newer than this out there anyway, and IMO this game has been treated harshly by reviewers, though admittedly the intro and shooting tutorial can be annoying. Get through that though and you won't want to stop.

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Been playing a lot of Space Engineers over the past few weeks, really having fun building stuff with the assistance of the Nanite Control Factory mod... it kind of feels a little bit like Factorio with my construction process being half automated. Going to have to upgrade my PC at some point though as the number of triangles & lights on my main ship is starting to reach the limit of what my GPU can handle.

Also been playing a bit of Battlefield 4 as I want to get back into playing shooters in preparation for the new game. Went through the campaign last week and while it wasn't particularly good, it was far from the worst plot I've played through... hopefully they can do a bit better with a real historical event like WW1.
    Really enjoying the multiplayer though, the server I've been playing on is just chaotic enough to keep me aware of what's going on around me but doesn't go over the top with constant explosions and people spawn camping.