1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Far Cry 4

So far I've been killed by a pig, a wild boar, a wolf, a dog, a honey badger and an eagle. Life is strange. Amazing views though!

2. pilsner72

pilsner72 Member

Having a COD moment after installing modern warfare remastered. I've reinstalled mw2 and in the process of downloading mw3. Playing GOW 4 on kids xbone 1 cause it's t'king long time d'load on pc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yadda

Yadda Well-Known Member

Still BF4 multiplayer.

Such a good feeling when you thwart a co-ordinated enemy charge by moving position, so when they make a b-line through the smoke for you and you're not where they thunk you were, you can shoot them all smug like. :D

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

Incidentally The Crew is currently -50% on Steam (£12.49) but not being able to replay the game is utterly ridiculous IMO... I mean, that's probably the single most important feature of any game I buy, especially driving games. I reckon I've played TDU from the start at least ten times, and I thoroughly enjoy it every time because I use different cars or a different strategy. TDU2 is also growing on me despite the terrible physics and handling of most of the cars, and the annoying-as-hell driving licences that you can't skip.

Ubisoft... good to see them living up to their terrible reputation.

5. Metaporic

Metaporic Member

Been playing Enderal for the past few weeks, so far really enjoying it but disappointed by the English voice acting, I really enjoyed Nehrim in German, maybe it was because I do not know German but the voice acting felt so much more professional and dark.

6. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. not sure about this one. Certainly looks good but there seems to be overly long cut scenes interspersed with short but frantic gunplay whereas I would prefer it the other way round. But I am only a couple of levels in so it may well improve.

Dishonoured 2. Whilst I am really enjoying it I feel that the story can be lost because of the amount of collectibles, some of which require a degree of puzzle solving to collect and then there are others which require massive among of exploration to find, ie the paintings and blueprints. But the game does draw me back which is always a good sign of my approval.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I got it in a Humble Bundle, so it was essentially free as I wanted a couple of other things in there... :D Actually, waiting until the next Ubisoft Humble Bundle may be the best bet!

When I get back home, I'm going to get my G25 out (been boxed since I moved) and play some Project Cars or Assetto Corsa. Or something.

But the lack of restart really hurts the game. If I'm honest, I probably won't go back to it since I got distracted... and Ubisoft's attitude to people complaining can be basically summed up with, "Tough, we've got your money, we don't care."

8. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Still playing ARK: survival evolved. Got a little bored on my main server as I'm now in an alpha tribe so nothing is a challenge. So I went back to my first server where I had a lvl 54 character.

Got a sturdy Base up in one session and am now going to go robbing from my neighbours!

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've been toying with picking up Ark. what happens to your base once you log off?

10. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Metal gear solid 5 phantom pain. Testing it at 4K, looks crazy good. Better than I ever expected. Fun game to play, multiple ways to complete the levels. 100s hours of content it would seem.

11. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

It's still there so it can be raided on pvp servers.

Having a blast on my reroll, caught some guys trying to break in to my base, killed one let him collect hos stuff and then waited and raided them. Used their resources to sure up my base!

12. Yadda

Yadda Well-Known Member

BF1 but despite being an excellent game, something bothers me.

I know it's not the first "war game" to use real locations and battles, but it's the first one to actually make me feel guilty for enjoying it. It probably doesn't help that one of my relatives fought in one of the featured battles, Saint Quentin (9th Battalion RWF), but whatever the reason, it doesn't sit right with me. :(

13. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

Just completed Deus Ex.
    40Hrs of total enjoyment from start to end.

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Dead Island again :D

I found a friend through water cooling and I didn't realise he was a big fan of it too. He hadn't played the Definitive Edition so he bought it and we've put in about fifteen hours so far.

Really can't wait for DI2. I hope they have got their stuff together now.

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Gonna restart Deus Ex with the Revision mod on Steam. Hadn't realised it was on there.

Also playing through God Eater. Cool game. Works fairly well with KB+M. Fights are easier with a mouse, but moving is easier with a controller.

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Started Mirror's Edge Catalyst the full game last night. Liking it more than the demo for some reason, maybe because it runs better?

17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Final Fantasy XV

First off, it's good. Really, really good and I like it (i've played every major FF title and most of the side games, even some of the JP only titles). It's not a conventional FF game by any means. It isn't turn based and has an action oriented combat system...and it's one of the very best combat systems i've ever had the pleasure of using. It has a lot of elements to it, but it all comes together to work beautifully in tandem. It's a simple system to start using for a first time fan, but for the serious gamer who's been playing Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry and such; if you're good you can put in some amazing, insane combinations and deal serious damage at even early levels. Simple to use, difficult to master.

The story is..so so. It does unfortunately rely on you being a fan and knowing your FF mythology. It also relies on that you've seen the feature film Kingsglaive and the anime Brotherhood. If you haven't, you'll think the story sucks. If you have, you'll think it's good but I think it's just decent. Very cliche at times but that's the nature of Square-Enix's story skills.

The characters are the possibly the best part. They've shifted from games with 2 dimensional characters you couldn't care about (basically every final fantasy game) and given you some characters with deep personalities who you actually connect with. The main character Noctis is a bit of a moody dick, but a lot of pretty nasty things have happened to him so it's pretty understandable. Then he's got his buddies to lift him up and it's just a big brofest. But it's charming and the banter is pretty fantastic.

The Graphics are fantastic. It's a very beautiful game and pushes the consoles' Hardware to the absolute limits by the looks of it. They've crafted a beautiful world in which 'scenic' doesn't mean 'empty'. It's a pretty wide space and it's kind of....Witchery? If you've played the witcher you'll realise that they've constructed the world in the best possible way. A linear main quest path but the side quests are dotted all over and they're good side quests that aren't just 'fetch' quests. There's fishing, photography ( a weird addition) and loads of mini-games too. Chocobos make a massive comeback and they're downright adorable. They even upped the game and allowed you to customise your own bird with gear, different colours and any of the medals you win in the racing games.

I've barely scratched the surface. People are saying it's a 50 hour game but it's a 50 hour Story. Those 50 hours do not include all of the other stuff available to do. Many parts of the world map you won't even need to visit in the story so you have to go there on your own.

If you're an FF fan, play it. Play it now. Is it worth the Decade of waiting for this? I think it is personally and I'm glad it came out like this, even if it is different, even if it is a departure from the norm.

18. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Member

Ok, so I'm years behind everyone else and have somehow managed to avoid the discussion for this long, but just finished the Mass Effect Trilogy (second playthrough's of 1&2).

Man, that ending hurt after all that investment....

Onto the Witcher series, of which I have played none.

19. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I hope you've settled into a nice arse groove :thumb:

20. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

That ending put me off playing computer games for six months. Not joking. I've never gone more than a fortnight without playing something.