1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. supermuchurios

supermuchurios Well-Known Member

Just completed Sniper Elite 4. 25 hours of pure enjoyment for £11. Brilliant game.

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

Im not one for early access games but I just started playing Wreckfest.

If you like Destruction Derby, you will love this! I particularly love the fig 8 tracks for maximum carnage! A youtube clip from a couple of guys I like watching that race a couple of different tracks to give you an idea..... Might be NSW as a little bit sweary! ( but moocho fun! )

Last edited: 19 Mar 2018
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well I got to Nuka World on FO4 which is the last of the DLC in my playthrough. And whilst I am enjoying it a lot more than I did before it is still a slog and some of it rather tedious. Like repetitively collecting star cores to power up a mainframe. Thing is, all of the quests are the same. Go in, kill lots of robots and so on, collect cores....

So about two weeks back I bought Wildlands, and I have to say it's bloody good fun in co op. Especially as my pal and I were literally desperate for something we could play together. I am also falling in love with UBI play. Mostly because the other night we were stalking out this prison and talking tactics and I got spotted by a guard so I popped the bugger in his canister. Up comes this message "Head shot ! 20 coins !" so I wonder what these coins are for.. 20% discounts on games.

Why oh why can't steam do that instead of cards and rubbish?*

*I know it is probably because UBI only hold the games they publish but surely Steam could work something out with their sellers?

4. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Steam does kind of have that, once you suffer through the horrendously stupid trading card system and craft the badges you also get a discount coupon for some random game and technically any publisher can provide codes to be handed out that way.
    Most just don't do it, so the only ones you get are ones for garbage games that use it as a way to bypass the minimum price.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Picked up both Age of Pirates games on GOG (Sea Dogs on there), played some of the first (Caribbean Tales), nice big nostalgia hit, been enjoying it.

Then got Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun via Twitch Prime and once again, big nostalgia hit as it reminds me of one of my favourite games when I was younger, Desperados, and whilst I still can play Desperados it's not a great experience on W10 etc, but this is great and I'd highly recommend it to anyone with Amazon Prime (as it's free so no reason not to try it! :D)

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

T minus 5 days for Far Cry 5 very excited!!

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No way out is coming out today apparently. Very excited about that too. I thought 2018 was going to suck chunks, but it's already providing some minto looking games. Getting FC5 too. Finally a FC game with a story that won't put me to sleep.

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I pushed the boat out for the Gold Edition. Decided I would want the DLC so went for it. I got £50 in Amazon vouchers for my birthday so effective cash cost was around £25 which is my usual limit for buying a game.

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Picked up Vermintide 2 for £17 on PC so been playing that through. Was going quite well until the first proper boss.... :eeek:

The adds completely overwhelmed my buddy and I and then the two bots went down in quick succession. No checkpoints so the re spawn was back at the beginning of the level.

Not outright hard but the adds can quickly overwhelm you in certain scenarios (avoiding boss attacks..)

Also been playing a bit of the F2P shooter Ironsights: Future Warfare.

Feels (and looks) like an older COD TBH.

10. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Having a bit of a break from Monster Hunter so I've started splitting my week up into a two evening each of Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda and just started Far Cry 5.

Mass Effect has been borderline okay so far, the characters are not in the slightest bit likeable and I'm not really paying a huge amount of attention to what I'm doing. The gameplay is nice and combat feels fairly fluid, but the amount of times I have to go back and forth at the Nexus for simple quests is driving me mad because of the loading times.

Ghost Recon Wildlands has been fun so far, though I feel like there's too many modes of transport available at all times... there appears to be a car, a quad/bike and a helicopter at every turning. I get that you need to be able to get around because the map is very big, but the abundance of helicopters just seems mad.
    I feel like they need to cut down on the amount of ammunition stocks available as well, each location that I visit with my strike team appears to have 4-5 available ammo dumps to make use of so it's easy to just dig in and go ballistic.

Enjoyed mt first couple of hours on Far Cry 5, more than Mass Effect but maybe a little less than Wildlands. I prefer it to Far Cry 4 though...
    The world is seems tiny and a bit deserted from most of what I've explored, even wildlife appears non-existent in a lot of the open areas I've visited. I have a horrible sinking feeling that I'm doing to lose a lot of my time to fishing (yes there's fishing) as the world looks good so it's easy to just lose yourself and stand around at a body of water with the fishing rod out. The game feels a bit easy so far, so hoping the challenge will ramp up as I get more attention from the leaders of the cult.

11. Mr Meltdown

Mr Meltdown Member

Kingdom Come Deliverance, took me by surprise and I like it.

12. Byron C

Byron C *psst!* This guy is a loser!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

This is a very well-crafted game. It took me a few hours to get into the swing of things (basically get past the first tutorial-ish area) but once I did, this game well and truly sunk its hooks into me.

It's not perfect, far from it.
    • I often don't even bother with horses because I feel like I'd miss too much stuff and unlike Syrim, the horses can't climb cliffs. They're a bit of a waste of time for me.
    • Speaking of climbing: rain making you fall down while climbing is incredibly frustrating. If you're half-way up a cliff-face, you'd better hope there's a nearby ledge you can parasail down to and wait; you can't light a fire and pass time, because the rain will put it out (which is perfectly logical!), so if you're part-way through a mammoth climb and don't want to abandon all your progress so far you have to just sit there and wait for it to stop.
    • The stamina bar... I died in the tutorial area from just trying to swim across a small pool, because my stamina bar wasn't big enough to make it across - wtf?
    • Difficulty can really spike all over the place - you can be "one-shot'ed" almost as soon as you leave the tutorial area, and that's a little brutal.
    • Mandatory stealth sections - I've only encountered one so far, but aren't we done with this yet?
    • And finally, the weapon mechanics... One of the most incredibly frustrating parts. Can't we have these high-level weapons be just a bit more durable please? I'm not saying they should get rid of the mechanic altogether, just make some of the higher-level weapons last a bit longer: a "Knight's Broadsword" intended for use by... well... a knight, aka a warrior, shouldn't break after defeating 2 or 3 enemies. Were the blacksmiths using biscuits to make swords instead of steel?

All that said, I'm really enjoying it. It's a well designed game and it feels like a hell of a lot of effort has gone into building a coherent world. There's absolutely bucketloads of stuff to do and plenty of stuff off the beaten track to explore and find. There are some framerate dips now and then, but so far I've not experienced anything too drastic; despite the limited power of the Switch the visuals look great IMO. Obviously it's not up to the graphical standards of PC gaming, but a minimum spec GPU for modern PC gaming can easily exceed the cost of the Switch itself. Plus there's no need for you to rush out and buy a Switch solely to play BotW: by all accounts the Wii U version compares very well, and second-hand Wii U consoles can be picked up for nearly half the price of a Switch.

13. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

The Long Dark

Mr Happy likes this.
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Brilliant game

15. adidan

adidan Avatar is nearly back in season.

Got fed up with Elite. To be fair not had much time to even be online the past week or so let alone game.

Reinstalled Skyrim SE with about 100 mods so it doesn't look half bad. Will probably try and drag this out and back to FO4 before Bethesda make their E3 announcement.

Hopefully this year it will be a better announcement than "Skyrim - now on your house energy meter"

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

On the subject of Skyrim.
    Booted up Skyrim VR the other night with the VIVE and let my niece be the guinea pig for it.

The game seemed to work fairly well, text wasn't too bad once supersampling was turned up and performance didn't take too much of a hit from doing that. Navigating the menus wasn't great with the VIVE controllers so we resorted to me managing equipping equipment/magic
    One thing we didn't like was that it seemed like the character was moving too fast when using the touch pads to move instead of teleporting, using the bow seemed quite nice as my niece was able to aim at things quite well and the swords seemed to move fairly accurately with the controller's motion.

One thing that watching Skyrim get played in VR highlighted was a huge need for some protective padding on the controllers as my wall took a bit of a beating from that sword swinging... those donuts on the controller stick out way too much compared to the Rift's controllers.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Active Member

Xcom 2: War of the Chosen.

It's just so good, so much vatiety compared to stock xcom 2 and the new enemies are awesome!