1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the in-depth and high quality reply! It sounds just like a game I used to play a long time ago called Galaxy On Fire. I’m honestly excited, think I’m going to give it a go

I’ve not gamed properly for years. I was always into the competitive multiplayer ones but something a bit more chill like this sounds a lot more up my street given the whole getting married having two kids thing.

2. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

X games are more in depth than galaxy of fire once you are hooked it will suck hours of your life away

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Doom Eternal - utter carnage and i love it!

4. kellyon

kellyon New Member

I play online games like Clash of Clans and LoL mostly. I started using vpn from https://veepn.com/ru/vpn-apps/vpn-for-mac/ to protect my privacy while playing. Now I have access to the blocked content too. That's so convy!

Last edited: 3 Jun 2020
  5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

I think there's something a bit janky about UT3's difficulty, now you mention it. Because I can blast through UT99 relatively easily, but UT3 on the same settings and difficulties just floors me. I don't know if it's something to do with visual clutter, or movement speed, or hitbox sizes, or a combination of those. I gave up on UT3 after a while of just not being able to get my eye in.

I'm currently playing No Man's Sky for the first time. It's a lot more structured and well-developed than at launch, by all reports, but it's also a lot grindier than I expected. Endless ferrying about trying to assemble the materials needed to do basic stuff, I haven't even been able to jump to another system yet. I'm in serious danger of getting bored.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Insurgency Sandstorm and Tarkov.

Apparently I love hardcore shooters now!

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've gotten myself absorbed into the mundane tasks of painting & decorating, pulling up weeds and arranging plants in House Flipper.
    It's funny how what should be extremely dull can entertain us...

Also just finished one of the Split DLC story in X4 Foundations, almost finished the Paranid story as well... then I think I'll have to start a fresh game and go full pirate.
    I think No Man's Sky is more fun if you either play with a couple of friends so that you've got some people to interact with whilst you do all of the gathering and building, or you go full on roleplay mode and make up a story.
    Once you're able to start jumping between systems, the game starts to feel a little bit more interesting with scanning for crashed ships and hunting for hidden treasures... though that grows a bit old after a while as well.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

I got stuck on the chromatic metal. I couldn't find any of the requisite metals to make it in my starting system, and it wasn't obvious where to go. I could just keep buying it from the station, but it's bloody expensive and I'm starting to need it for everything. I developed a niggling fear that the whole game would just be endlessly farming metals by shooting asteroids.

9. suenstar

Yeah a large part of the game will be farming minerals, you can lessen the task for some minerals using automated mining units so that you can focus on exploring and building and just come back to empty the miner every now and then.
    They're a bit slower than mining manually, however they don't deplete resources so putting an auto miner on something like a copper deposit will supply you with infinite materials for producing chromatic metal.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

Control
    Interesting game.

11. hamza_tm

Elite Dangerous. Decided away from X4 mainly because Elite was a fiver as opposed to £40 for a game I might not play much.

It’s a lot of fun! The immersion is incredible in VR

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Gave up on Elite but fully intend to boot it up when I finally get some VR goodness.

What VR set are you using?

Edit: Nvmd, just seen in another thread you say you using a Quest :)

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Tried NFS Heat as it's now on Origin Access. Absolute garbage. Handling is completely unpredictable, sometimes it'll understeer, sometimes it'll oversteer, spend most of my time hitting barriers and being slowed down or going offroad, performance is iffy, customisation isn't brilliant, cops are very very powerful.
    Had to quite before I rage quitted, :D

14. hamza_tm

Yep Quest! And I’m loving it. I fully expected to tether it to the PC permanently when I bought it - in my mind it was a cheaper VR taster headset, and if I liked it then I’d consider shifting up to something like the Index for those Hz.

But once it arrived, I’ll be honest the wireless nature of it is a game changer. The other half and I just end up using it so much. I know for a fact I wouldn’t be using it this much if it needed a running computer lol. Funnily enough the missus was more excited by YouTube in VR than the actual games..

What made you give up on Elite?

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Put 5 or so hours into Desperados III so far and loving it.

Combination of the improvements that Shadow Tactics brought to the genre with some new ones, and then the nostalgia of the Desperados characters (well some of them!) :D

16. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A few of us on the bit-tech discord have been playing it together and really enjoy it. Having a controller helps a ton compared to using PC controls.

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm using a controller, just can't seem to get to grips with the handling model. Don't like the fact that braking triggers drifting, how the hell are you supposed to race when you end up going sideways round every corner! :D

I wanted to play it on my new 4k TV, but as soon as I put it up from my monitor res to 4k it just lags out.
    Might give it another try. Got too much that I want to play at the moment and not enough time to put into them all, :D

18. suenstar

Having a little break from X4 after completing about half of the faction storylines, but I've still been in a bit of a space exploration mood so have been playing a lot of other space games.

Been messing about in Star Citizen a bit, seems to be running a lot more stable since the last time I tried it 8-9 months ago. Decided to start on Lorville and flew across to Levski to get some mining equipment with a bit of flight practice in between, before making a fairly long flight across to the Olisar station to stop for the night. I think I'll jump on again for a bit this weekend to have a play with some combat and a couple of missions next.

I've also jumped back into No Man's Sky for a new game, I forgot how brutal the beginning can be... died in less than a minute of starting on the first world I tried as it had extreme radiation and aggressive sentinels. Restarted and got a slightly nicer starting location that was just a bit cold with the chance of toxic rain storms.

Also picked up a copy of Empyrion Galactic Survival during the week, so have been trying that out a bit.
    Not sure I'll spend a great deal of time playing it at the moment as the UI is dreadful, hopefully when they get through a few more Alpha versions they do an overhaul of that.

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

What am I playing?

VR games, in this order:
    Half Life Alyx
    Boneworks
    Lone Echo
    Currently playing: Asgard's Wrath

Along the way, I've also completed little gems:
    A Fisherman's tale
    Moss
    Down the rabbit hole
    Virtual Virtual Reality

Currently also playing (they have no completion):
    Beat Saber
    Pistol Whip
    Until you Fall

20. hamza_tm

I want to wait for the Steam Summer Sale before splashing out on Half Life Alyx. Been messing around with HL2 when I get bored of Elite and GTA 5