1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I've had Wasteland 2 in my library for a LONG time now. Is it actually worth playing through the original before playing WL2 i.e. do the stories follow on?

2. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

Shadowrun returns, faithful atmospheric remake of the old video games ... if you like point and click AD&D set in a cyberpunk future and its still free on the Epic store (which is probably the only reason to have the epic store, much like EA origin before they nixed the free game section)

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I never bothered to play the first :p

Pete J likes this.
  4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I had a burst of enthusiasm for old Need for Speed games last week, so bit on the sale of NFS: Heat. Most fun I've had in a NFS game in years. Way, way better than Rivals/Most Wanted Reboot/The Run.

I also grabbed The Run, as it was four quid or something; but it hasn't grabbed me so far.

My only real complaint about Heat is my usual about modern arcade racing games: obsession with drifting. Also the bright neon everywhere is troublesome in the night drives...

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Assetto Corsa Competizione with a Steam controller using gyro steering and Planetside 2.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Sooo. I'm 121 hours in and this is rockin my socks. It has that..just one more location. Just one more mission. I can roll a cigg, and still be sitting there 3 hours later. I know rpg aint everyone's flavor. But this has me hooked.

7. creative

creative 500rwhp

Dying light: Ultimate Edition.......

quite enjoying it so far...

8. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Hollow Knight has me hooked. A friend introduced me to it about two weeks ago, I’m now 115 hours in with 58/63 achievements and loving it. And it’s an offline single player game. And I have 10-month-old twins sucking up my time. It’s that good.

Basically a Metroidvania created with love and passion. I’ve played like one metroidvania before so it isn’t even my thang. The game has a lot of attention to detail, so many things done so well: the sound track, the combat, the responsive controls, the sense of exploration, the art, the atmosphere is incredible! And the NPCs with their awesome voice overs... there are so many areas where I’d consider it my favourite game.

The boss fights are a highlight. Involves careful observation, learning their patterns, and actual movement and attack strats to succeed (or you just mash, although you won’t succeed until you start dodging at least a few of their attacks). Different play styles are effective - straight up melee, caster, minions, movement focused, tank etc.

I personally find lots of replay value as I’m getting into the speedrunning scene. Others may prefer one playthrough at a time. Your first would probably be around 50 hours if you like to explore everything, less if you just waltz through. The puzzles and secrets are really well done, you can do almost everything alone with no outside help needed, since the subconscious hints and clues are just right.

Highly recommend having a crack at it.

You have me intrigued sir!

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Microsoft store is an absolute dog!

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

It IS more-ish. But you need to know old style crpgs before you get excited. This game ain't easy. It will slap you sideways when you thought everything was ok. Save OFTEN. The number of times I had an epic battle, looted everything then moved on..only to get wiped 10 mins later..F**K! You'd think I'd learn..and I do for a while. But then the auto-saves lull you into feeling safe. BIG mistake.

[Edit] Worth mentioning I like to push it. On the map take ya chances and rest. Mostly ok. In a dungeon you need rations, rations are heavy. So I push as far as I can with spells, skills, cannibalizing spells for heals.. Means you can get totally butt-fuc**d with no heals prepared, and no buffs cast. Some fights only work with all the buffs you can muster. Go in 'naked' and you might as well be a babe.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2020
  11. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Tony Hawk - because nostalgia.

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Since I have done basically everything in Destiny 2 that I want to do, I am going to give The Division 2 a try again.

Got to love having a 1Gb connection because it makes downloading large file size games, not really an issue.

Attached Files:

Pete J likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

*******! Still on 0.8MB/s here! :lol:

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Crysis Remastered and Beyond Two Souls. The latter is incredible.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I have plenty of newer games I should be playing... so of course I reinstalled Witcher 3 instead for yet another playthrough.

Ficky Pucker, Fizzban and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I have done exactly the same, started it up today :lol:

Anfield likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Spent all day yesterday playing Beyond Two Souls. It's amazing. Not quite The Last Of Us, but genuinely awesome.

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Halo SPV3

I intended to play a little bit of this after installing it at 8pm, iit's now 11:39, woopsy. The levels are about 50-75% longer than they were in the original Halo CE, most of the Covenant from Halo Reach are present (I have yet to meet any bugs), Pillar of Autumn has 4 Hunters in it, there is a suppressed sniper rifle.

I've only beaten the first two level so far, it seems pretty awesome. Although there are some video and sound issues that are a pain in the bum, mostly around vehicles and occasionally tanky frame rates. But so far, awesome.

19. knarF

knarF Noob

Tony Hawk 1+2 Remake. Loving it so much still, just wish I could compete online with multi-million combos.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

More Halo SPV3

"Targeting co-ordinates? You're kidding me you want targeting co-ordinates!? Just shoot at the giant robot coming out of the lake!"

Beat The Cartographer: Evolved today, holy crap what an amazing new level. Also, they made a bunch of tweaks to the AI that are mostly very subtle, except for the moment an Elite killed me by turning off the light bridge I was retreating over, then laughing at me as I fell. They couldn't do that in CE.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2020
    wyx087 likes this.