1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, will V-Moda honor my warranty?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sleepy_Sentry, 30 Jul 2008.

?

Will V-Moda Replace my Broken Vibes?

1. Yes, they are still under warranty, even if that warranty is on its last day.

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No, V-Moda will find an excuse as to why they don't have to service your ear buds.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You are an idiot for waiting until the last day of your warranty to file for repair/replacement.

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry What's a Dremel?

I have a set of V-Moda Vibe ear bud that broke 9 months ago when the cord become dislodged from the base (this is a common problem). I was quite busy with school and other things at the time, so I never sent them in to be replaced, even though I filed a support request and got the all clear for replacement.

For the last few months, the Vibes were sitting in a bag, still broken. I came across them today, and realized that I should probably see if I can get them fixed now that I've got some free time. After all, they did cost me $80.00. I went to go check my receipt to see when I bought them, and low and behold, I bought them exactly one year ago today, July 30. Like anyone with a brain would do, I went to V-Moda's website and filed a support request. Technically my ear buds are still under warranty. Let's hope V-Moda doesn't give me trouble and replaces them per the conditions of the warranty. What do you guys think?

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I would say that they will, it is only fair. But, you are an idiot :p:hehe:

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

kind of a tossup, If you get your request processed today then I guess they have to do it. just going to have to wait and see.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Multiple choice poll, good call. Options 1 and 3 are correct ;)

5. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry What's a Dremel?

I got an email from V-Moda and they told me to ship them back for replacement. Thumbs up to them! I know if it were Dell or some other company they would find a reason not to cover me.

6. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Technically they won't repair your earbuds.

Because they're not earbuds.

They will, however, repair your iem's.