1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education So you are buying your first garden shed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 20 Feb 2018.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You should be fine with 6 600*600 concrete slabs, just space them out a little to ensure no overhang. Lay them on some leveled sand.

Arboreal likes this.
  2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Might I suggest the gentleman consider the solid Steel shed? Rot-proof, scrote-proof, doubles as a high volume percussion section when hit with large bits of wood.

Zak33 likes this.
  3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

But budget for insulation and boarding out to reduce the condensation levels

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

If you go with a wooden shed, give the standard felt a miss and treat yourself to a 2 layer commercial felt roof that should have a 15 - 20 year life.
    We've just done that with our 8x12ft shed and it's so much drier already, it'll be the same stuff they put on garages & extensions. We paid £42 a square metre.
    If you can go bigger, 6x4ft fills up pretty quickly...

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I bought a plastic shed from keter 8x11, not very secure I suppose in that you can kick it in if you really wanted being plastic but I would say wood is easy to break also if you really want to, compared to my old wood sheds, no wildlife has burrowed in, no spiders, no damp, it looks as good now as it did 6 years ago, it has a light plastic channel in the Apex of the roof to let light in and being sand coloured it is very bright in there, I’d buy again, looks very nice, doesn't age.