1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Sold the Elise... got a new toy!

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexB, 8 Oct 2007.

1. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Forgot to add: Astons - I'd love one, but they are big £ for a Jaguar in discuise, and much more than the little TVR.

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

You my friend are a complete idiot.:hehe:

My car does 0-60 in 5seconds or less with my gears, I top out @ 155mph (computer control) and my car is a handfull, costs as much as an econobox and packs 330hp. Now your coment about 100mph being fast, its not however it is fast when you can get to that speed in 1/8th mile. Our baseline vettes do 182mph with 400hp and the higher model does about 200mph for about 35k In UK cash.

Oh and BTW, I have driven my car to the limit and peged the speedo.

I have driven @ 180mph + as well. I think I will retract my option of getting a Russian TVR, I think I will instead get a vette z06 for less and do my 0-60 in under 4 seconds and go over 200mph while still retaining a 5star rating in crash tests. Thanks for clearing things up for US ignorant US folk who only drive SUV's. I think, like you I am going to generalize, and say that all brits have bad teeth, are arrogant and generally talk out their ass.:sigh:

3. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Thankfully there are no corners in America :hehe:

My Dad has a VRS and he reckons he managed 70mpg on a motorway stint. Pretty awesome fuel economy for a pretty fast car.

4. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I thought there was only one road-legal speed 12? Maybe I'm wrong?

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I'd love to put the BMW 530d Sedan against your mustang, I know your not an idiot when it comes to cars so I don't mean this in an insulting way in the slightest :)

But yes, that would be my car of choice to go against the 'stang. And still get around 29mpg flat out (it gets 37mpg on a combined cycle, 29mpg is what it supposedly produces when you are flat to the floor), I think I was watching Firth Gear when they put it up against the M5 and it was only marginally slower but handled better and has more torque. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bmw diesel. You can pick one of those up, 2005 Reg, Under 20k on the clock for about £20k now, that's one hell of a deal for a car that (once de-restricted) that could do nearly 200mph. (sorry, I absolutely love this car as you might be able to tell...slightly).

6. jaguarking11

What is pretty fast to you guys is slow here. We have sedans that manage 0-60 in the mid 4's. Although, the vette may be regarded as a muscle car, it will outhandle allot of exotics. Remember kids, its the best 200k car you can get for 45k. As I recall the vettes won quite a few 24hour races over in france, gave aston martin (ford?) a run for their money and then some.

Next year they will be competing in the gt2 class, its definitly going to be interesting. :clap:

7. Mother-Goose

So do we :)

8. jaguarking11

You are putting a 60+k USD car against a 26k usd car? FIY I get almost 30mpg (US, not Imperial) highway in my car. How about putting a m3 or a m5 against a base vette? Lets see who smokes who. Not talking straights either.:naughty:

9. jaguarking11

Actually you don't. Besides jags and astons witch both are not owned by the brits anymore. Lets face it, the British sports car is dead. Jag was/is using ford internals these days. Lincoln LS is a v8 jag sedan and vice versa.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2007
  10. Mother-Goose

Ah sorry I kinda meant we have access to them if you get me, they are quite common over here as well. Audi RS's, Merc AMG's, BMW M's.

FYI Aston is now British again :)

I do agree with your price comparison, I was a bit off there thats for sure.

As for Vette against an M3/5, super cars Vs hot saloons is a bit off the mark, although I can see where you are coming from (the price angle I assume?) I do agree, for the price (brand new), NOTHING can touch the new Vette, it's brilliant, I hope they make a righty :)

p.s. I do happen to love your stang as well :)

11. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

@ jaguarking

I was just generalising & was having a little Fun.

But it is true that in the US most cars do <25MPG and are absolutely huge.

Its also true that you have great roads & we have bad teeth - but thats because you have better dental plans!!

12. jaguarking11

M3 is a highly tuned and turbocharged cupe that is at least 15k ontop a new vette. Being that it is german I expect it to cost more. So why not compare the two?

EDIT: I forgot this thread was about the TVR. Awesome little car, I hope the owner enjoys it. I rather like the shape.

13. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Thanks for ruining my thead, you tools ;)

14. Mother-Goose

Sorry Alex, my bad, back to your car, it looks like it is in very good knick!

I can't believe how modern it looks inside given it's age, it's almost like a show car isn't it?

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

what year is it?

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

No more arguing about US vs European cars ffs. Anyone who does is an idiot - the roads are different so the cars are different, get over it.

17. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

it's a 1994. :)

18. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

guy at work has same/similar model :) will grab a couple pics tomorrow when he gives me alift home :D:D :D

19. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

You have fast cars in but your national speed limit is lower then ours.

Go figure

20. Mother-Goose

Oh stop being a spoil sport!

Tags: