1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Sold the Elise... got a new toy!

Discussion in 'General' started by AlexB, 8 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

shh

you too

2. Valo

Valo Minimodder

i like the tvr

btw. M3 has never been turbocharged. neither was m5. Nor m6 for that matter. Actually, no M Motorsports car has been turbocharged...

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

damn I didn't think it was that old :) ... but then again, there were some in Gran Turismo (1) and the game is from 10 years ago so that makes sens ;)

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

They kept making them till about 2001, and only changed the front grille, front indicators, and rear lights.. :)

5. Orb666

Orb666 What's a Dremel?

Hi There
    out of interest, why did you get rid of it?

cheers

Orb

6. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Where did you find them figures? :confused:

A standard Fabia vRS does ~130 mph. 0 to 60 is about 8.5 seconds IIRC.

7. Major

Major Guest

Still love the hairdresser comment, tis bang on. ;)

8. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I love the hairdresser comment because I can't think of many cars a hairdresser would be less likely to be seen in :D

Excellent car. I didn't really "get" TVRs until I saw and heard one in the flesh. Now I'd pretty much sell my organs to have one!

I like to think of the Fabia VRS as a Fisher Price "My First Non-slow Car" :D I was looking at getting one myself a couple of years ago. They're bargain little mile-munchers and have good in-gear acceleration for the price, but the owners don't half go on about the performance figures! (Not saying that you're necessarily included)

Some of the better ones include:
    "More torque than a Porsche Boxster" - correct, but meaningless
    "Faster from 50-70mph than a Civic Type-R... in 5th gear" - not sure of the figures and gears, but again correct and utterly meaningless

I assume you've had yours mapped to about 175hp with those performance figures?

Last edited: 30 Dec 2007
  9. eUphoria

eUphoria What's a Dremel?

Yeah - i was having a chuckle about those figures - 7.4 i think could be a little optimistic - parkers reckon almost 2 seconds slower than that, not even sure how a fabia managed to come up in the same conversation as a chimera tbh :hehe:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=26138

Alex - back on track - thats a great looking car, its got a classic sportscarness about it, i've been playing with the idea of leaving the world of jap turbo's this coming year and buying a chimera. Never driven one but the rumours of build quality and reliability have always scared me off an early TVR, how long have you had it? Did you look at many? what were the things to check on them other than the obvious?

Maybe its worth it though - even just for the grin factor due to big fat v8 :cooldude:

Tags: