1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Some advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Devious, 2 May 2012.

1. Devious

Devious What's a Dremel?

Hello.

I have been wondering for a while now whether I have my hard drives set up in the best configuration possible.

I multitask a lot. I always have a browser open with around 10 tabs, MSN is always running, I listen to music, I have one or more instances of an MMORPG running, I occasionally use programs in the background, and sometimes download.

My drives are [C:] 64GB Crucial C300, [D:] 320GB Samsung HD332HJ, [E:] 750GB Samsung HD753LJ, [G:] 500GB Samsung HD502HJ.

My motherboard is an Asus P7P55D-E.

The drives are set up as [C:] sata 6g 1, [D:] sata 3, [E:] sata 4, [G:] sata 2

I use C as my boot drive for Win 7 with very little programs installed to it. D to install programs to. E is a storage drive for music and films etc. and where I download to. G is for games only.

I would just like some advice about whether I am using the drives in the best possible way, by keeping everything seperate, or if there is a better way I can configure them.

Thanks

2. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

Well my only advice is to have as many of your commonly used programs installed on the SSD. I dont know if the order of the sata plugs will make any difference to access speed, I would assume windows can see them all equally. Depending on how much space you have on the hard drives, you could run a raid array (only raid 0 if you do regular backups to an external drive!) Another advantage being that they will all appear as one drive so you dont have to shuffle data as often.