1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Some bull

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pillow, 15 Aug 2008.

1. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

Ok so i go into my neighboor hood verizon store today and say my screen broke what can i do? they ask for all this info to make sure i am the actual owner of the phone which is good. After a couple of minutes they say you have insurance so call htis number and they will send you a knew phone. Well i say, i would like a new phone so i am looking at the phones and there are no prices and a guy comes up and says the cheapest ones are $210 for the same phone i got for free from verizon with my plan. Then he says these over here the cooler ones with keyboards and **** are about $420 and up. So i am like ok with a $50 rebate its still a rip off because these phones arent even pda smart phones or whatever you call them and they arent iphones, they just got a keyboard and msuic player. so then i ask when am i up for another upgrade turns out next summer which is fine. So i get home go to the website and it tells me that since i am paying them insurance i also have to pay them $50 to send me a knew ****ing phone. Isnt this the point of the ****ing insurance is so that when my phone breaks i dont have to ****ing pay them more ****ing money. **** verizon and this ******** insurance skamming and skeeming company.

2. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

could be the excess?

3. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

what?

4. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

In the UK at least most insurance policies have an excess, i.e. an amount that you have to pay before they start to pay out.

For cars, there is always a compulsorily excess, and then they offer you voluntary excess, if you want to take it, to reduce the cost of the policy.

But now I fear we are veering way off the topic of the Hardware & Software forum...

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

It's Verizon, what do you expect? I was quite happy to find out that the iPhone was on <not Verizon>, not that AT&T is really any better.

Tags: