1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Some of my previous builds.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by D-Cyph3r, 25 Apr 2009.

1. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Thought I might post a few picks of the the builds i've done in the last 2 years (yes, all of the following was done in just 2 years). Alot of the hardware was transfered over to new builds btw, I dont own a hardware duplicating machine or anything.

My first proper build (Thermaltake took my watercooling virginity, well it was more like rape):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CoolerMaster Cosmos S
    Asus P5E3 Deluxe X38
    Intel C2D E6600
    2GB OCZ 1800Mhz DDR3
    512MB BFG OC 8800GTS
    150GB Raptor X
    CoolerMaster RealPower M700
    XSPC R120-T Mounted in roof
    EK Supreme Plexi CPU block
    EK FC-88G92 GPU block
    Laing DDC Pro w/XSPC Reservoir top

Sold the Cosmos S a couple of months later and upgraded to a Mountain Mods (i'm pretty sure I posted the start of this log here, but it never got finished). A coouple of hardware upgrades were made aswell:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mountain Mods U2-UFO Horizon
    E6600->Intel C2D E8600
    512MB 8800GTS->1GB 9800GX2
    XSPC R120-T->ThermoChill PA120.3

Around the same time I started on my first AMD build, odly enough this project never really got finished either:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lian Li A71: Laser Cut side panel, Roof cut for PA120.3, Casters fitted
    AMD Phenom 9950 BE
    DFI LanParty DK-790FX
    4GB Patriot Extreme DDR2
    1GB ATI Radeon 3870X2
    500GB Samsung Spinpoint
    Corsair TX750
    ThermoChill PA120.3
    XSPC Edge V1 CPU block
    Laing DDC Ultra w/XSPC plexi top
    EK MultiOption 150 Reservoir

As I say that never really got finished, as a 2nd machine I needed something smaller. So I took all the gubbins out and stuffed it all into a neat little mid-tower (first time working in a smaller case):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lian Li PC-8: Floor cut for triple rad, front HDD bays removed, fillport installed in roof, cable routing hole cut in PSU area
    1GB 3870X2->8800GTS 512MB
    Mix & Match of watercooling from above

Then the most recent and certainly most impressive of my rigs. After selling the above machine I decided to build a completed machine in the A71 using hardware from Intel side and cooling from both.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lian Li A71: Satin Black internal powdercoating, motherboard cable management holes, custom top switch plate, internal HDD cages removed (work done by Marcus of WCUK).
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel QX6700
    4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer RED
    Asus 4850 512MB
    ThermoChill PA120.3
    XSPC Edge V1 CPU block
    EK FC-4850 GPU block
    Laing DDC Ultra w/XSPC Plexi top
    EK MultiOption 150 Reservoir

So yeah, theres my PC history (the Cosmos S was only my 2nd ever self-built PC) in a single post. Thanks to a nice spell of unemployment before and during chrsitmas I had to sell off pretty much everything PC related so i'm typing this on a half complete air cooled PC that i'm working on..... something that, once finished, will be in a different leauge to everything i've done previously. ;)