1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Some of my shots

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by pullmyfoot, 7 Jun 2009.

1. pullmyfoot

pullmyfoot superbacon

Took these in the US visiting some relatives :thumb: Tell me what you think

Taken with a Sony DSC-H9. I just got a D80 second hand off a friend, so I shall be snapping away with that from now on :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shot was on a street in Seattle. I'm a little disappointed how they turned out though. This was the best, but its lacking a little compositionaly. I still kinda like it though :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little experiment

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jun 2009
  2. ssR

ssR Carbon God

most of the shoots look like an exercise in DOF
    nothing interesting about them :S
    some are simply not sharp, probably due to a very slow shutter speed
    the shot with the leaf (3rd from bottom) actually got some potential, there's some nice light and textures, however i would try a lower angle and with no tilt which IMO kinda pointless
    the last shot is also kinda nice, i would compose more to the left. of all the variations i like the top right the most with a little less saturation

3. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Nice pics, although they may be mostly DOF exercises.

Something that did bother me a bit was that some of the photos were not sharp as ssR mentioned, but more than that, the first ones were way off with their white balance.

Keep on practicing, that way you'll definitely get better all the time :thumb:

Darkened

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Welcome aboard!

I think #3 has the most going for it. I quite like the abstract it becomes :)
    Depth Of Field practice is some the first great fascination you get with a decent camera that allows you to experiment. I still love it when I see it used well and after I learned what bokeh was I've been very much infatuated with beautiful bokeh :)
    I'll be looking forward to see where you're going with the D80.

Oh and I really like the experiment with the corn. I think the shot you've based it on is perhaps the best you've posted and I quite like having four variations presented like that :)

Cheers!

5. pullmyfoot

pullmyfoot superbacon

Corn was taken at Mt. St Hellens in the US (last Dec) :).

That was a holiday, I actually live in Singapore. No corn here in Singapore! I dunno if any of you know where that is. I had a Canadian kid think it was in England (its actually in Southeast Asia).

Thanks for the advice everybody :)

Some of my other shots

This was was taken in Malaysia while visiting some relatives a month ago. The whiteness behind the (stray) dog was sunlight bouncing off the road, which stands testament to how insanely hot it was. It was not edited to make it look whiter in any way. The faint paw below the head looks a little out of place though. However, removing it makes it look even stranger. Any ideas? Other than that, I was pretty darn happy at how the shot turned out :lol:I think its probably my best photo to date.:clap:

[​IMG]

These were taken way back last year. Anyone feel hungry? :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All with my prosumer Sony camera :lol:

Last edited: 9 Jun 2009
  6. clumsy_culhane

clumsy_culhane Minimodder

I actaully really like the shot of the dog, other than the foot down the bottom right. If that was cloned out (shouldn't be too much of a hassle) Then it'd be great :) Others are, as others have said, mostly playing around with DOF, like I did when I first got my 50 1.8 .. your improving, keep it up ;)

7. pullmyfoot

pullmyfoot superbacon

Thanks :). Removing the foot makes it look just as weird as having it.