1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Some Real Laughter Inside (All Shall Enjoy)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sowler, 27 Jun 2002.

1. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Ok one of the members has some pictures which are very amusing. Here is one. (there are lots of pages I am on 5)

Good Mod eh?
    [​IMG]

Dunno how many people have seen this but I think you should all see it.

All thanks and praise must go to Ubermich. These pics really are hysterical.

Its all here http://home.tampabay.rr.com/jguru/mishaps/

2. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

How the hell did he manage that........................................apart from using an incredibly large sledgehammer?!:eeek:

3. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

I dont think he did it I reckon he works at some place where they get returned goods check the link

4. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

holy... there's things I saw I never imagined people doing that...

I like the: "I told him to remove the cpu...I got the whole socket"
    [​IMG]

LOL that's way too funny :lol:

5. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I loved this site too. It was posted on another forum that I post on. It's all stuff that was either A) returned to the store or B) destroyed by by UPS.
    I, personally, love the various shipment methods. Mobo pillows, pure genius! :D :idea: :D

Also, since you have derived so much joy from this link. Why are there no replies to my Thread? :(

Edit: I see the top pic now. I'm fairly sure that one was dropped upon delivery.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2002
  6. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

that was some amazing pics. The best one was where the artic silver was applied to everything but the cpu die!

7. Scorpio170

Scorpio170 What's a Dremel?

omg!!:eeek: now that i can see straight again...the tears have cleared...after almost choking to death laughing...somebody should post a warning to anybody looking at those pics....dont eat while looking at these pics...especially those cheep apple crumb cakes... never seen anybody pull the cpu sock offa da board before.....have to get some of those "surplus" gateway mobos off ebay and try that

8. G8way

G8way What's a Dremel?

Awww.. the poor thing.. YOU MURDERER! :p

9. CHRISS

CHRISS What's a Dremel?

check the link!!:D

10. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

:worried: is there supposed to be a link in this post? :worried:

11. CHRISS

CHRISS What's a Dremel?

12. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

13. HomHomHom

HomHomHom What's a Dremel?

ohhh jebus thats funny....
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. bulldog

bulldog What's a Dremel?

Things like this are common when you work in a computer shop, especially if its an on-line shop. In 6 months of working in an on-line shops I've seen many oddities:
    There was a guy who sent by mail a ram stick for a refund and all the chips were ripped off the stick. There was another case of some who sent a hard-drive via mail, and I had to nicely explain to him that the hard drive must have been just fine, but it had been broken while shipping.
    A few days a go, there was a guy who came to the shop, after he had fialed to install a Crystal Orb on a Geforce card. I asked him to show me the card, and ALL the card was full of ASII. It was hard to keep myself from laughing, because I had to explain to him why his card doesn't work and will never work again. DEADLY!

15. bulldog

bulldog What's a Dremel?

Things like this are common when you work in a computer shop, especially if its an on-line shop. In 6 months of working in an on-line shop I've seen many oddities:
    There was a guy who sent by mail a ram stick for a refund and all the chips were ripped off the stick. There was another case of some who sent a hard-drive via mail, and I had to nicely explain to him that the hard drive must have been just fine, but it had been broken while shipping.
    A few days a go, there was a guy who came to the shop, after he had failed to install a Crystal Orb on a Geforce card. I asked him to show me the card, and ALL the card was full of ASII.He also asked me if I thought he had applied the thermal compound correctly... It was hard to keep myself from laughing, because I had to explain to him why his card doesn't work and will never work again. DEADLY!

16. chopsuwe

chopsuwe What's a Dremel?

Our customers tend to pack things well enough but you need to be psychic to know who it came from. The sender's address is not important is it? After all they know who sent it.

17. CHRISS

CHRISS What's a Dremel?

my friend once put his HS on back to front
    damn near killed his poor athlon 700:)

18. Mael

Mael What's a Dremel?

Wow, i felt bad about getting just a tad of AS around the die when i had to clean it off once. Even after years of doing technical support, i am still amazed at the complete idiocy (is that a word?) of some people when it comes to computers.

19. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Indeed :sigh:

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

The CPU in the socket was the best 1, talk about dense there are some people inm this world who really should just be given a mac!