1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something broke...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by AlienwareAndy, 2 Apr 2014.

1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I got my usual login to work it took 6 rejections but worked eventually,plus the groups section of the site is full of broken links it stinks

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

They have apologised on numerous occasions and explained that parts of the site are still broken. We are still in the first 24 hours of new server time :)

The thing that bugs me about all the complaints about last night and the 20 or so hours of down time (as the site went off about 14.30/14.45 yesterday) is that very likely some poor sod was sat there trying to migrate it and get it working again on the other side! And likely is still working very hard at it.

We are users here, these guys are doing it for us, and trying to reign in the core beliefs of this community/forum. Which is nothing but an awesome thing!

No more full screen Ads or skimlinks? In less than 24 hours... That's fairly impressive in itself.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2014
  3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I would agree so long as bt keeps it's unique identity and doesn't become just another Hexus, don't get me wrong I'm a member of Hexus and it's a good forum with a good bunch of people just far to straight laced and a bit starchy.

bt on the other hand is far more diverse it's fun and has the highest standard of tech knowledge of any tech forum without being pretentious.

4. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

yep totally agree Tel matey it is the best tech forum on the net and has the friendliest community on the net, for example if I am on a bad day and need cheering up I log onto here and have some fun and a good chat with all my good friends works a treat

5. Margo Baggins

All the comments that have been made by our new friends have been saying explicitly we are staying how we are, as we are awesome!

Plus - there is a quick reply built into messaging now, that's also a cool thing. :)

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

What the quick reply has been there ages.

I also got annoyed, thinking my account had been deleted.

I message, or e-mail would of just avoided mass pissing off.

7. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

LOL right in with hackusations

its all better now glad its all back up and working.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I must agree with Margon here. Come on, guys, we're geeks. We know that stripping out old stuff, adding new stuff and migrating a site with a huge forum attached is going to be a complicated and far from smooth process.

Yeah, they could have flagged up a notification a day in advance. Yes, they could have been not so cloak and dagger about who is taking over, and they could have picked a better time. But we're past that now; we can all log in again and soothe those agitated withdrawal symptoms with some sweet, sweet BT forum goodness. And the removal of a lot of those annoying adverts is a nice opening gesture.

So I for one welcome our new Hexus overlords am happy to give them the benefit of doubt and keep an open mind for now.

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The new owners of Bit-tech killed my puppy and raped my cheesecake. Oh wait...

10. Nexxo

Well, the new owners of course need to realise that what makes this such a good forum is the emotional investment and ownership of a large community who have been here, in some cases, for over a decade. People have lost their virginity here, fallen in love, got married, had children here. They've lived, played, struggled, fought, hugged, laughed and cried together here.

Some people lost loved ones here. Some people died.

This is not a forum. This is not just a database, an electronic abstraction of random text, a digital scatter of electrons on a silicon matrix, laid down on a ferromagnetic substrate. This is Bit-Tech. We are no ordinary community. We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams. You're moving people here, relationships, lives. Handle with care.

11. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Jeez Nexxo, how do you come up with stuff like that?

12. Margo Baggins

He knows everything about human beans. And he's eloquent. And he's got a decent red dress. Triforce powers right there!

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

[​IMG]

stonedsurd likes this.
  14. Nexxo

Damn straight.

15. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

So I don't have to worry about the 8 emails saying someone is trying to hack my account?

16. Nexxo

No, that's just me. :p

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Wait wait wait wait. That was an option?

18. Nexxo

Ask Evolutionistic. :D

19. stevekez

stevekez sysadmin Administrator

Hi everyone,

I look after infrastructure things, so you won't see very much of me, and if I do things right, you won't seek me out either ;)

So while I'll leave the development side of things in the capable hands of others, I just thought I'd say hello, to avoid people wondering who the strange burgundy user was on the "who's online" list.

Oh also, I enabled British Summer Time in vBulletin, for the benefit of all the bit-tech farmers. I hope this act finds me suitably endeared.

--Steve

20. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Hang on a minute ... You mean the BT team are going to make useful changes and implement enhancements as and when needed? No bribery, no cheesecake, no begging required ?
    [​IMG]