1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Sonata Window

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mcbeckel, 10 Aug 2005.

1. mcbeckel

mcbeckel What's a Dremel?

Just thought that I would post a couple of pics of the windows that I cut into my Sonata today. Trying to get a decent design to remove the ANTEC vent holes which were drilled into the side was interesting. I had to sacarafice seeing the horziontal support bar to make to top window look decent (otherwise it would have been too narrow for my liking).

BTW...Just installed a pair of the billet case handles over at mnpctech. They are sweet. (Bill These Are Amazing. Thanks)

Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JamesM

JamesM What's a Dremel?

Without a doubt, Bill's handles are well cool, but at this time I don't think they fit the rest of the case.. its too early to tell though I guess. What else is planned for this case?

3. mcbeckel

mcbeckel What's a Dremel?

The final overall theme has yet to be determined (that's why I not making a project log). I am probally going to paint the outside of the case to compliment the dark red plexi accents that I have planned. I a have most of the watercooling (everything except the pump) purchased.

Alphacool Products
    NexXxoS Graphics Card Block
    Cape Resivoir (copper)
    NexXxoS XP Bold AMD 64

I have some cool ideas for the wiring of the electricals. Inspired by Defyant's RCA connectors and some connectors I used to work with when I worked at a TV studio I am going to use BNC connectors with mini-59 wire to keep everything clean. Like an RCA connector a BNC connector has 2 conductors; the only difference is that they twist lock into place maintaining a secure connection. Mini-59 is a coaxial cable just like RG-59 (the stuff you use to hook up your tv) except that it is only 1/8-inch in diameter and extremely flexible.

As you can see in the pictures I have already removed the hdd cage to make room for a front mouted radiator (a 2x120 BIP)

Constructive criticism is always appreciated.