1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Sony Announces Pink PS3!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by benje, 17 Oct 2006.

1. benje

benje Minimodder

In a somewhat bizare move, Sony have announced they are producing a limited number of Playstation 3 consoles in pink colour, opposed to the standard black, white and silver.

This is a bold statement for Sony, following the announcement of the P!nk PSP in August of this year in what I guess an attempt to make gaming more appealing for a bigger demographic of people. (Full Gamespot article here: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6156244.html?sid=6156244)

[​IMG]

Here is a photoshop impression of what the pink PS3 will look like:

[​IMG]

Other console manufacturers have recently started marketting their consoles to a wider scope of customers, instead of traditionally targetting teenage to middle age males. For example the Nintendo DS adverts such as this targetting a middle to older demographic of people with games such as "Dr Kawashima's Brain Training".

These limited edition Pink Playstation 3 consoles are not going to be available until months after the proposed release date of November 11th and 17th, 2006 (Japan and USA respectively). Which means a long wait for us considering the European release isn't until March 2007.

Official Playstation 3 site

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

surely just making everything pink to appeal to girls is just patronising. plus its a stupid idea anyway

3. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

would it come with a seasure warning. its killing my eyes :eeek: .

4. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

I got to say i do prefer the pink :) (Black is still sexy)

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Proving once and for all that the sony marketing team is made up of elderly goats.... have they not seen the army's of emo "chicks" that like everything to be black and gothic... Or the Chavette's who wont touch it unless its at least gold plated...

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The pink PS2 looked quite sexy when it was announced, but I must say the PS3 is far too large to be able to carry off such a bright colour...the larger items get, the more subtle they have to be.

<A88>

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

But there still is a large number of girls who like pink stuff, the first question my GF asked me when I said I wanted to get a DS Lite was do they do it in pink.

But the number of girls who would fork out that much for a pink PS3, I don't think theres gonna be alot.

8. riggs

riggs ^_^

Looks like a futuristic sanitary towel dispenser...

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

funny thing is i work in Fashon retail(don't laugh) and what would most likely happen to my thinking that it will come out nxt year or later and by that time Pink isnt even a popular colour due to season and fashon trends. My thoughts are are that Sony will relaese this at a completly ramdon time of the year when Pink is not even considered Fashionable.

10. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

Well obviously Sony want every little girl to have an E-Bay'd PS3 under their Christmas Tree complete with Destroy All Humans 2 instead of a doll. :eyebrow:

(I realise that it is coming out after Christmas and that Destroy All Humans 2 is PS2/Xbox :) )

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Meh that only applies to people who follow fasion, people who arn't mindless sheep and like pink, like pink whatever time of the year it is.

12. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

If it's pink my GF wants it ! Kettle, toaster, phone, car - etc. I'm glad i'm colour blind.

The good thing would be that by actually getting a Pink one I could justify it a little more to her by saying it is actually pink ! Which is a sad state to be in i must admit. :wallbash:

13. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Hell making everything pink is a dumb idea, especially those pink things they make to sell to support breast cancer. Yeah pink is dumb. Cool.

Personally, I am no fan of the color pink, but for some people they are gonna go nuts for it. Offering consoles in a variety of colors is a way or people to personalize their space by color matching or mis-matching thins to create a atmosphere they like. Saying it is a stupid idea is like me calling you ugly and having never seen a picture of you or met you in person: it is an uninformed opinion and really would have been better off if you said nothing.

/rant

14. noobsaibot3000

noobsaibot3000 What's a Dremel?

PINK PLASYTATION 3 It exist

I got my cousin one of those PINK PS3 from www.japanps3.net :clap::thumb:
    They have picture of the silver one but i got one from them it actually looks like the one that sony has, looks like hmm a metalic silver.
    Hope i helped someone here =) :rock: Oh i almost forgot if you are a student they might give you a discount :p

[​IMG]

15. Slink

Slink B7

pimp

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Usually they make pink limited editions to support breast cancer, is Sony doing that???

17. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Yeah, because they really believe in the work breast cancer is doing.