1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony lops £50 off the PlayStation 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Oct 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

The critical number missing from the article: the new RRP is £300.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You're right (well, you're a penny off, but let's not quibble) - I had that in, then removed it as I juggled a couple of sentences but neglected to put it back. Until now, anyway. Ta!

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I was going to say, the article definitely said the price when I first looked at it.

That's a really good price for a good bit of tech, the £50 saving is just about enough to get yourself the 2TB HDD as well so you can use the money saved for a worthwhile upgrade... or a game.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

News like this always makes me think "I'll get a console!" And then I never use it.

Maybe this time'll be different. Maybe I won't bother buying one to begin with.

6. ya93sin

ya93sin New Member

Yeah just don't bother. Mine's sitting behind my monitor, online subscription expired with no intention of renewing. Time to sell

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I'm hanging on until Playstation VR (nee Morpheus) is released to grab a bundle. There aren't any exclusives released yet for either console that I'm interested in, so there's no point buying one at the moment.

8. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Member

Had a play with the new Steam controller yesterday at work. For someone who is utterly appalling at FPS with an Xbox controller, I did surprisingly well with the Steam controller - albeit against bots.

The point is, anyway, instead of dropping £300 on a PS4 (and then the same again if you want a few decent games for it), get the Steam controller and stream your games to your big TV/run a long HDMI cable/whatever and get even more from your existing gaming rig :)

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Same as my housemate, bought one at launch, has barely even touched it. He plays 5x more PC games nowaydays, which he never used to.

10. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog New Member

You can have all the arguments you like against getting a console but XBox has Forza and Halo... The PC does not. :(

11. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Keyword there is Yet in truth as if Microsoft wants dx12 to push onwards they could release either game.

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I probably only play games on my PS4 once per week and use it for watching Netflix/Prime a couple of times each week, mine gets most usage when I have my niece visiting for a few days.

Even with such little regular use, I'd say the console has been a worthwhile investment as it has easily provided more entertainment value than what it cost over the course of a year.