1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony PS4 price set at £349 ($399)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Jun 2013.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

I was already paying Sony for its online services so nothing really changes there, PS+ gold thing for free games each month.

Sonys price is what id consider good £349 is a decent amount cheaper than the xboxone and also puts the total cost for parents at about £100 less if taking the estimates that are out there for games and pads.

If Sony can get it to these shores for Christmas 2013 ( dout either this or xbox one will see a uk launch for christmas ) then they will dominate on price alone.

All of the game exclusives ive seen are on the pc as well that I personally want to play.

Sonys biggest win was in second hand and pre owned games, This market is huge and by allowing it they have basically stuck 2 fingers up at Microsofts crazy policys. I would expect a Uturn on that policy before luanch.

As they have just lost on price and second hand games sales. Sony has not even had to reveal a game list to get its console in hyper drive.

Microsofts price is wrong and its second hand usage policy is wrong they have made 2 big errors and id expect them to pay for those errors world wide.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the only reason its cheaper is because you`ll need to buy the PS4 eye and wand.... both of which the Kinect can do already in 1 unit.

the camera on the PS3 Eye is 1 lens , whereas the Kinect has 3 (why you can bounce around and it can track you)

so grabbing a genuine price link from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Move-Starter-Camera-Controller/dp/B003S9WRYW

£50 for the camera and wand ,if comparable to the PS4 version pushes the PS4 price up to where the xbox one will be,

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

PS4 must come with the camera otherwise what is the point of Sony putting the move light in the PS4 controller?

So I don't think you'll need to buy them, you might want the move controller from an ergonomics perspective though.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Why would anyone buy a wand and an EYE unless you plan to play games that use it which the Adult market surely wont. Kinect I have never owned and would never buy unless it was forced onto me.

Same as PS Move crap both were trying to tap into the Wii market. I can name one EYE + wand game and thats some harry potter crap. ( the book of spells i think its called) Guess its a great little kids game.

I dont know many Adults who want to play with Wands do you?

Microsoft should not be defended for its poor pricing.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

PS4 wont come with the camera

and Rollo - the ` fun games` market is very large , your falling into the fanboy trap of discounting the casual gamers. look at facebook games , tablet and smartphone games. they earn more money from mobile games than from consoles.

so you cannot ignore that market. saldy though its a fickle as heck market , far more than the ` omfg im a raging teen with cowadoody` one.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

also I bet real money MS will be looking at bundling the XBO without the kinectHD and it`ll launch at £329 ;)

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Having both a Wii and Move and play them with my missus and daughter I'd say that they are used, not a lot but they work well for some games. It may not be for you but the kids love this stuff.

As for tracking in and out Sony did a pretty good job with that with one camera and a light as the controller has motion sensors in, worked great IMO.

8. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

AFAIK you cannot escape the new Kinect. It is a key part of the system and has to be on all the time.

9. mikemaher205

mikemaher205 What's a Dremel?

There's one thing Sony still need to do to win my support again...

Official driver support to use the PlayStation controller pad with a PC.

Microsoft created an Xbox controller for PC, so why didn't Sony? Considering the PS3 controller connected via detachable cable and used Bluetooth connectivity, and with many modern motherboards having Bluetooth as standard, golden time to cash in on "Bluetooth Wireless Gaming?"

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

You wont need to buy them if you dont want them. And unlike the Xbone you don't get forced to have a NSA spy cam in your house.
    I have always been told you will grow hair on the palms of your hands if you do :hehe:
    We have been told you can turn it off.

Last edited: 11 Jun 2013
  11. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

12. Vallachia

Vallachia What's a Dremel?

Fratboys and whiney, foul-mouthed little tea-bagging 11 year old b****es will still buy an XBone. Which is a good thing, we don't want them on the PSN anyway.

13. Vallachia

PS4 ships with a 500GB hard drive. It can be user upgraded too.

14. Vallachia

They won't bring in more $$$ if no one buys the console.

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

So you won't buy a PS4 unless there's an official driver for the controller to be used on a competing platform? What about an unofficial driver such as on the PS3? That not good enough for you?

16. rollo

rollo Modder

I'd take your bet.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

funny to see xbox fan boys desperately clutching at straws lol...

19. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

Do you guys it will be offered in other colours at launch or later on when they release slimmer versions like they did with PS3?
    Would love a white to match my samsung tv, ps vita and PS3

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It'll likely be one colour at launch with the other colours being special editions later down the line, probably around 6+ months after launch.

I'd like another crimson red console as that colour fits into my entertainment suite quite nicely, but black will do for now.

Tags: Add Tags