1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony talks about Home

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

So about the entire user base then? :p

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So it'll take a year to get this off the ground?

By the time Sony pulls the PS3 together, MS will be releasing their Xbox 3.

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

That's the thing.

They seem to be getting a lot of praise for Home, yet it's something that should have been available from day one.

It's really, really obvious that Microsoft releasing the Xbox 360 a year early surprised Sony.

The PS2 would have still had another 2 or 3 strong years left (look at God of War 2); but Sony's hand was forced to release a console that was in no way ready...

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The PS2 still has another 2 years or so left, you don't loose 100 million plus user base just because you have a new console, MS barely has 10% of that. FFXII topped the all formats charts for a couple of weeks and is number 2 at the mo, PS2 sales are strong.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

:worried: I was wondering if they even had that many :p

7. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Microsoft could probably have a working XB3 prototype ready in a month simply because it's a PC, PoS4 prototype would take 6 probably more. If xbox ever feel threatened by Sony they'll bring out a new xbox which will pwn.

8. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Whats the point? I mean its like playing "the sims" online.
    If you want something like that with more depth, hell just get world of warcraft.
    Also did i see it say you can share and view videos together? Movies?
    Surely that will create a storm about piracy and public broadcasting of movies/videos/music?..unless i missed something?

Im looking forward to the Wii games, i dont even own one yet but i know its going to be allot of fun to play sports games with buddys in the living room...maybe even beat-em-ups!

9. randosome

randosome Banned

hahaha :)

it does seem like too little too late for sony though, and its dissapointing it will take them almost a year to get this out the doors

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I'd love to see MS release XB3 next month! I'd love to see a rushed POS to let MS screw every single buyer again. Don't forget, if you release consoles every month you might have the latest and greatest system but you sure don't have a very big fan base if they have to shell out $$$ every 30 days.

Also, don't forget the 360 actually has very little in common with a PC- it's CPU sure isn't the same as what is in your PC or mine.

L J

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

MS will have something similar out in a few months.....

12. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

What do we need it for??

13. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Yeah oops :eek: been reading up on xb360 since posting that, I just assumed they'd carried on with the xbox 1 design which of course was a x86 PC had they've carried on with x86 hardware then working prototypes could be reeled off every month, but for the reasons you gave they obviously wouldn't produce them.

Even so if Sony feel compelled to build each console from ground up and xbox start with existing systems (x86, powerpc) then xbox will allways have the upperhand when releasing new consoles.

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

the xbox 360 is as much a 'ground up' console as the ps3 - everything, the processor (sure it's Power based but it's a custom die), motherboard, and GPU were all developed specifically for MS.

the ONLY reason PS3 has been delayed and cost sony so much is their insistence on using absolutely bleeding edge tech - the Cell and Blue Ray. Cell had major yield problems and huge RnD costs, and blue ray screwed everyone over because nobody could make the blue lasers.

Home is most definitely an afterthought, but for the time being it seems like a well designed one.

Tags: Add Tags