1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony to talk 'Game 3.0' at GDC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Naah, the killer app itself is the PS3, its so damned large and heavy that if you dropped it on someone that you're sure to do some killing ;)

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

sony should have the option of giving an opinion removed... they suck balls

4. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

Dont think so, social networking it?

That wouldnt work at all, you look at myspace, who have millions of people signed up already, if you want to find a friend their most likely not too far away, on a PS3? Restricting how many people can sign up, youll end up with just a couple of geeky friends, as I doubt many girls will buy a PS3 :\

5. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

The problem is that the ps3 is a hardcore gaming machine at the moment and not the entertainment hub for everyone that sony want it to be. I imagine this would work better on something like the Wii, which has a larger user base and is aimed at a wider market.

Social networking wont take of on the ps3 for this very reason, maybe in the future though, when the price has dropped and if it becomes as popular as the ps2.

6. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The whole "3rd gen" / game 3.0" marketing spiel gets on my nerves to no end, since they really haven't done anything particularly revolutionary, just upped the hardware for the most part - and how many generations would the PC be on if we went around using similar terminology ?

7. randosome

randosome Banned

probably in the thousands lol
    TBH it doesnt seem like they are brining much more then the PC has had for a long time (like the 360)

8. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

short and simple:
    If sony markets "Game 3.0" like they did the PS3 itself then it will flop just the same and the PS3 will fall even further behind.

all things aside i think that sony really could have made alot of money on the PS3 if they put more effort in to it. it looks to me like they tried to pull a "Nintendo" (where the product just plain sells itself). microsoft realized this and put huge amounts of money and time in to the Xbox line of products, look how it paid out for them. it almost seems, and i might be getting ahead of myself here, that sony is just to proud to admit they might have to market their product. it just feels to me almost as if they thought creating the PS3 should be enough. its not like i am a business expert or anything, it is just something i noticed. :rolleyes:

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

lets see what level of failure will this give us.....

Tags: Add Tags