1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony unveils new bundle, PSP, controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Aug 2008.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I think you make some very good points and I agree with some of them, but to make them over 5 posts when 1 would do is a bit.. lazy, is all.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

who would type on consoles lol. owned a logitech denova edge for around 1year now thats a dream to type with. psp revision seems good

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I agree the keyboard thing is in a way pointless. Yes you can plug in a computer keyboard and mouse but how about for those like me who have my pc and my ps3 in my bedroom on my desk playing on the same monitor. sort of hard and more so retarded having 2 keyboards infront of me. What I would like is some sort of switch that could allow me to connect my keyboard to both my pc and ps3 and just switch between, just like I do for displaying to my monitor.

So, if the price is reasonable this is definitely something I would be interested in buying.

Those complaining about how uncomfortable it is..... its not meant to be used while your playing your game. When youre typing you dont need to be using the other buttons on your controller. Having it on the bottom of the controller would be much worse. One is there wouldnt be enough room and it would probably get in the way.

Anyways typing with the regular controller isnt bad at all as the ps3 has a built in dictionary so you dont have to finish the words.

Oh, about the copying of 360.. well PS2 had something like this years ago. Not a first party controller but it had a controller with a built in keyboard. Take your 'it's copying 360, it sucks compared to the 360 one' attitudes elsewhere. All that does is make the fanboys get out their flamethrowers.

About the PS3 bundle. I think its awesome putting in a bigger hard drive. I wish they would put in backwards compatibility though, but to be honest, im not so sure BC is really that big of a deal. I havent played a ps2 game on my ps3 in probably 6 months and it was only for a few hours because the games suck compared to current games.

But this big hard drive will be great and im pretty sure the reason they are putting it in is because of the movie download/rental service and because sony is going to be adding some sort of dvr thing to the ps3 which i would really like.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i always seem to find you posting when there is an article about sony or a playstation platform.
    also, try using the multiquote button as i did with this post.

the nintendo DS does have 2 card slots, slot A and slot B.

http://openpandora.org/ not out yet but i think it might count as one.

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

First off, I post about PS3 because I know pretty much everything there is to know about the console as well as 360 (since I use both of them on a regular basis). Am I wrong/bad for doing this?

Secondly, I do not own a brand new PC or do I really care right now. I just don't have the money, so I don't see the point right now in keeping up with it as much, so you don't see me posting a lot on PC stuff.

Lastly, I am sorry for the multiple posts. I will be sure next time to do them all in one long one. If I were actually lazy I wouldn't post at all.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

there is nothing bad about that, as long as you don't behave like a fanboy and are willing to consider yourself to be wrong when you are wrong.

i don't have a brand new pc either but i post about pc stuff, i read a lot about it.

do that, it is forum etiquette and it used to be one of the rules of the forum.

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Don't know about you guys, but wouldn't it be more suitable to have the keypad below the controller, well within the reach of both thumbs?

By the way, does that 160GB PlayStation 3 coming November have backwards compatibility?

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I understand, but how about you read my previous posts first. I have proven I am not a fanboy. I just state the facts and I use both consoles so I know what each offers the consumer/gamer.

That's great, but I personally don't want to learn about everything if it doesn't apply to me atm. Once I get into the arena of $1300 budget, I will start looking at PC stuff more seriously. There's just a lot happening right now and it's hard to want to keep up with it....

You would think, but it could be a patent issue, who knows....

As for the 160GB, it will not have BC, so if you really want an all-in-one PS3 that upscales PS2 games to HD, loads them faster (though not a lot) and allows you to play them wirelessly, you should probably think about getting one that does. Idk where you live, so I don't know what SKU's are available to you. For this reason, I just bought one of the remaining 80GB MGS4 bundles last Thursday at my local Gamestop before they sold out that weekend. They say the new 160GB will sport the new 65nm RSX and possibly the 45nm Cell btw.

Tags: Add Tags