1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony won't buy exclusive games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Jul 2007.

1. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

You seem to miss the fact that he quoted Sony's statment. that being

Which is currently marketing speak from Sony, it relies on more people buying their machine. if developers focused on the x360 they could be more succesful as there are already more consoles out there. therefore you rely on a market that neds to only buy the game and not a console and a game. To be really truthful for a developer to be really succeful and sell more games they need to focus on all platforms to catch the largest market area. sony's statement really should be
    "If you focus your development on our platform, WE will ultimately be more successful. "

2. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

whisperwolf. I read the article and I knew that it was Sony that said that, and did you even READ mine? My Halo example was pretty much the same analogy to today's PS3 needing that one true game that would make people both a) want the game and b) the console. Again, Xbox didn't have hardly any consoles sold when Halo debuted and I can tell you both me and my friend, after playing the game with another friend, decided to get the Xbox just so we could play it.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

But Halo wasn't even that great.

4. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

You really seem to want to take anything said as a personal attack.
    There is nothing wrong with your analogy, the PS3 does need a "must have" game the same as the Xbox did. However your comments regarding what is so silly about Matts statement are where I draw issue.

It is not the fact that the game is on a specific platform that makes it great, its the game itself that’s great. Focusing the developer to a platform to make the developer more successful is silly, you won’t make yourself more successful you will make the console more successful. Hence sony's statement was marketing doublespeak

5. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I hope this news means a Gran Turismo port, although it is developed in-house.

Tags: Add Tags