1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Soul Calibur Legends confirmed for Wii

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

OMGHELLYES!!!!11!!11
    :rock: :hip: :D :thumb:

i think that about sums it up,

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Well the GC version of SC2 looked pretty tasty (I still think SC on the DC looked fantastic), so I don't think the visuals will be that bad (even if they're not HD). Although, there were only 2 combatants on screen at a time.

The new MK on the Wii looks to have a pretty interesting control scheme, which I guess would be a good indicator of how well a Beat-em up can translate movements of the Wii-mote/nunchuck to actual game moves.

(There's a video for MK on You Tube, I can't access it at work or I'd post a link)

4. themax

themax New Member

I'm glad to see SC for the Wii, but it troubles me to imagine just how the control scheme of the Wii will work for a fighting game like this. They use weapons yes, but not all the weapons fit the nature of the Wiimote (if it aint a sword, spear, or axe it don't see it functioning will). Many characters use various weapons from Whips, to Nunchuchs, and I think in the last installment there a girl with some kind of circular weapon. It may sound pathetic, but when it comes to these games, the standard controller, or Arcade style controller, seem to be the only real method for actually executing many of the moves in this game, and others like it.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out though. Namco isn't one to really slack, and Soul Calibur has been interesting thus far (Especially the multi console release with special characters for each console).

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

lets see if this works out ok. :D

6. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

If they manage to get the contorl's right on Soul Calliber or Mortal Combat, they could become some of the best beat em-ups of all time. They should be way more fun to do the moves with the Wii controls than just bash buttons.

I took a look at the MK video on Youtube, it looked quite interesting, the moves looked a little easy to do, but I'm sure the moves will be able to be strung together at speed to perform some increadible specials.

Soul Calliber 1 and 2 were very good games giving me and my friends hours of fun, I'm sure they'll continue the good work.

7. Vash-HT

Vash-HT New Member

True, I really don't think a fighting game would work out well for the Wii, but this is an adventure game, not the next real sequel to SC.

8. themax

themax New Member

Ahhh my reading ability fails me again. This being an adventure game, it sounds like it should work easy, but assuming they implement the same move sets used in the fighting game, It may pose a problem. Still though, as an adventure game the quick reflexes aren't as necessary so as long as they get the controls right, it should be fun.

Tags: Add Tags