1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sound card and TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slaw, 1 Apr 2011.

1. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Hi Guys

I have bought a Asus xonar dg. Before this I use to use on board sound. Currently I have my pc plugged in to a TV.

When I am gaming, I use to plug in the headphones and the sound would only come from them. When I am watching DVD's, Iplayer etc, i remove the headphones and the sound comes from the TV

Since I added the sound card, I now have to select it as the default sound device to get sound from it (via headphones) and not the TV. and select the graphics card to get sound from my TV.

Is there any way I could set this up so that i dont have to keep on switching devices?

I hope that makes sense!

2. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

This best way would be to adjust the settings of the program you are using to watch videos to output sound through the sound card (ASUS or mobo) that is attached to the TV.

As an example, I use my dedicated sound card to output to my speakers for game sounds by setting the default playback device to the dedicated card. I use my headset for Ventrilo, so in Ventrilo I set the output device to my motherboard onboard soundcard that I have my headset plugged in to.

Hope that helps.

slaw likes this.
  3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

thanks, i will have a look at that