1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound card options

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by section8, 19 Feb 2007.

1. section8

section8 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know what sound card I should go for? I would like the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer... The one with the XRAM onboard...

BUT

I will also be starting some music production, with Pro Tools... Already buying a Midi Interface and Midi Controller in the package.....

THE DILEMMA!

I like gaming and watching movies and listening to ITunes.... WHICH SOUNDCARD?!?!?!?!?

Cheers guys
    Scott B

2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

If you're into music... then the X-Fi Xtreme Music might seem the obvious choice... but since you're also into gaming... you might be better opting for the Xtreme Gamer card?

Be advised though: The X-Fi 'Xtreme Gamer' is the basic version of the two X-Fi 'Gamer' cards available. It doesn't have on-board X-RAM!
    It's the X-Fi Extreme Gamer 'Fatal1ty Pro' version which has the better features, and the 64MB X-RAM :idea:

The 'Fatal1ty Pro' is the card I'm using in this rig actually, and I've been well impressed with it :cooldude:

You can change it later as/when required... but you might be interested to know that... during installation of the drivers... you're asked which 'mode' you want the card to be set to/run in after installation is complete.

In Creative's own words...

So you can have the best of both worlds :thumb:

3. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 21 Feb 2007
  4. section8

section8 What's a Dremel?

NO THREAD JACKING PLEASE!!!!! hehe only joking.... Cheers mate.... The fatality one was the one i meant sorry mate...

Been looking at the m audio ones too...

Keep the advice coming please