1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sound card question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nukeman8, 10 Dec 2008.

1. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the info, if EAX is barely used in games then why are ASUS badly trying to emulate EAX 5?

I have read alot about crappy creative drivers and thats my main choice from staying away from creative, however having read reviews about the Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 apparently it doesnt suffer from the same issues and has the highest reviews on most websites.
    (Maybe i base my opinion to much on review sites?)

the xonar was my second choice, like you said very good priced and almost on par with other cards in terms of features.

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Because too many people based their choice of a soundcard on the fact that EAX is Creative-only.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

mm vr is correct.

Like I said, Auzen doesn't make they own drivers, they have the source code and permission to edit it, not make their own. So all they do is tweak the drivers and the card itself. Now if Creative goes "No Windows 7 support", then Auzen can't do anything, unless they decide to go against the agreement they have, which is most unlikely to open. And the processor chip is the same on the Creative and on the Auzen, it is build by Creative. Auzen JUST makes the board. They are issues with the chip itself, and that Auzen can't do anything.

BTW, why do you REALLY want so much the Auzen? Doesn't mean it has ore reviews that it is better. Just to tell you.

4. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

like i said i probably based my opinion on reviews to much.

However with what you all have said and with the Asus xonar being alot cheaper, i will most likely be buying 1 of them (which 1 of the xonar range is a different problem)

I highly doubt creative will say no windows 7 support, it be extremely unhealthy for them, after seeing their problems with vista thou i dont fancy have a sound card that dont work while they muddle about.

5. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I'd say get a Xonar DX (the cheap model). It's sound quality is the same as the D2X's but it's two times cheaper.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

yes that is the best deal, teh only thing you don't have is the interference shield. There are no difference unless you attach your computer to a million dollar sound system.