1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Sound for the garage, bluetooth speaker?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeStorm, 11 Oct 2021.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hi all,
    As above, am wanting to look into options to get some music etc in the garage, first thought was a bluetooth speaker as it would just work as I'll have my phone on me most of the time whilst in the garage anyway.

However happy to listen to alternatives, doesn't have to be anything particularly special, will mostly be used whilst lifting.
    If a bluetooth speaker is the way to go, how cheap can I go? They seem to vary from under £50 to ridiculous amounts, and for something that will potentially only get an hour or two use a day 3-5 days a week, and will be left in a garage that isn't insulated etc (yet) have no interest in putting any serious amount of money towards anything.

Budget is really <£100

Thanks

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

As long as your in wifi range I'd consider a smart speaker of some description (probably Google or Amazon). Generally good sound for the money (ebay if they're not reduced on their respective stores) and when you're involved in doing something being able to play/skip/etc with voice is ideal. They'll usually have all the functionality of a normal bluetooth speaker too.

This is assuming you don't mind going down that route, as I know some people do.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2021
  3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I am one of those people, don't really want to invite Alexa or whoever into my home at the moment. (also being able to speak to it isn't an advantage for my planned usage anyway, as would only want to change music or whatnot between activities, and definitely wouldn't be wanting to try and talk whilst being crushed by the bar :D).

Am easily within wifi range though, only functionality I need is a speaker, doesn't need good battery life as the garage has power, doesn't need to be wireless really, although would be faff for my brother's phone since I don't think modern iphones have a 3.5mm jack?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The Alexas have quite good audio and are cheap, I used a Bose soundlink for similar though mine is the revolve which is double you budget but my daughter has the little one soundlink colour I think which is half the price and it still sounds good.

I'm sure there are cheaper and better around just happened to have a family member that works for Bose and so they were a bargain for me.

Have a look at some of the alternative suggestions here

https://www.rtings.com/speaker/reviews/best/by-feature/bluetooth

There are a couple under 100.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2021