1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Output to TV

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by LoneWolf, 30 Oct 2007.

1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf What's a Dremel?

Leading on from my last issue with the tri-monitor setup, I had another query relating to the LCD TV I have jacked into my PC. How would you folks recommend I get my PC sound output blaring out of my TV speakers? I'm currently rocking the "SupremeFX audio" card that came bundled with my Asus Crosshair motherboard and I wanted to know the best way to set this up.

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

What other audio devices have you got setup.. ie speakers, stereo or 5.1, or headphones?

Im not sure which LCD TV you have but the vast majority seam to have either a RCA/Phono socket or a mini jack socket.
    If you wish to use JUST the speakers from the LCD TV, then simply use a mini jack to mini jack or RCA/Phono cable (depending on the lcd tv of cause, and RCA red is right channel and white is left channel), to go from the master out on the sound card (usually the green socket) to your LCD TV.

Also depening on your OS.. XP should work stright off, however Vista, you will need to make sure that the speaker output is set as default in the sound properties, and not the SPDIF/digital output.
    XP will send the sound signal to both digital and analog, where as vista will do one or the other.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2007
  3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf What's a Dremel?

I had a 7.1 speaker setup but that went boom, so I'm stuck with my 5.1 headphones at the moment. I'll give it a go.