1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spacebase DF-9 gearing up for release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

I had forgotten about this game, will need to try it again

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

"Development is drawing to a close before all of the previously promised features have been completed and a list of planned features has been removed from its Early Access page on Steam."

^^
    Now that is a crock of crap. I'm sure there is some 'get out' in the EULA but they should not be able to just revise the features page willy nilly and then stop further development.

They should be compelled to offer refunds to those who choose them on that basis.

I guess that really highlights one of the down sides to early access.

4. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

When you buy early access you are accepting conditions that the planned features may not actually happen. This is why I only own 1 early access game. I don't blame the devs, people should know what they are getting into.

5. ovnr

ovnr What's a Dremel?

Well, there's still an expectation that the game will actually be finished - and DF-9 is practically unplayable as is, because you will inevitably end up with a death spiral. Hell, even though it had fewer features, it was more playable back in Alpha 4-5 than it is now.

First Double Fine game I bought. Also the last.

6. Lockinvar

Lockinvar What's a Dremel?

Very dissapointed with Double Fine on this one.