1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Speakers £50 ish

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stem83, 4 Dec 2012.

1. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

Looking for some speakers around the £50 mark, also unsure if i want 2.1 or 2.0 setup, i guess there are pros n cons to both

Mild gaming use as i tend to use my headphones, movie watching and music. I think i want quality and clarity over mega bass, but i do like to hear the base, get that full even sound.

Had an ebay big for local pickup in my area, logitech z-2300 £40 for 3 days and only bidder, was willing to pay £60 but had high bid at £50 as there had been no other bidder, got sniped £51 with 3 seconds left.. was sooo annoyed to say the least. I wanna track the bidder n pound his face annoyed.. weve all been there.. lol (lesson learned)

So if anyone can suggest a few for me to look at, ive looked at at a lot but there are so many, and youtube doesnt really help as they record the sound with cams so you can only hear the cams quality.

Thanx in advance

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Get the Creative Tx0, preferably the 40's as they're better if you can find them. Cracking for the money, and as long as you're not bothered about blowing your mind out with bass they're perfect.

3. murraynt

murraynt Well-Known Member

Micolabs solo1c's?

4. Stem83

Got a few shortlisted now thanx. Was thinking either

Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II 2.0
    Microlab solo5 or 6c 2.0

Microlab FC20 2.1
    Logitech z523 2.1

My heads swinging towards the t40s, especially as i found a site with 20% off making them £55 :p

5. germjames

germjames New Member

I have some slightly older Creative gigaworks T series speakers and they are excellent.

6. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

7. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Looking to get a parit of the T40's myself for xmas. Would really appreciate a PM to let me know where you can get 20% off (after you have bought them ofc!) :thumb:

8. Stem83

EDIT. Please note i just found out the prices are without VAT. Not so good after all.

actually i dont mind sharing the site here, they got a load more than speakers. they got a 2gb asus 7870 here for... wait for it.... £129.99 http://uniprice.co/computers/vga-cards/vga-cards-asus-gainward-sparkle/vga-asus/vga-2048mb-asus-radeon-hd7870-dc2-2gd5-pci-edhdmi2xmini-dpa#.UL9ppYOADp8

heres to the speakers http://uniprice.co/creative-gigaworks-t40-series-ii-black&currency=GBP&language=enutm_source=Gbase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Prod?gclid=CNXsvMeTgbQCFcrItAodCT8A0w#.UL9qAoOADp9

Now if those speakers go out of stock in the next couple of days ima come head hunting.. i already lost a set through my fingertips. :D

Last edited: 5 Dec 2012
  9. dazzler

dazzler New Member

10. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

11. Stem83

Thanx for the gumtree info, ended up finding a good used set on amazon (creative t40 II) they have a few repackaged ones, im guessing returned from seller etc. amazon warehouse ones. for around £69 ish.