1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Spec me a chair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Otis1337, 8 Sep 2018.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Looking to invest in a decent chair that will look after my back.
    Office/computer chairs seem to be a bit of a mine field, you seem to find decent chairs for about £80, but the same quality of chair will be priced at twice the price.
    You cant benchmark a chair so there isn't any real way when shopping online to know if the chair is worth the extra cash or they are just playing you.

What im after:
    no leather please,
    Ergonomic deisgn with head rest.
    Arms that can fold away.

Cheaper the better but will push to £200 for a quality peace that's really worth it.

Currently looking these atm:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/IntimaTe-W...&qid=1536403096&sr=8-29&keywords=office+chair

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Office-Hip..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=XKS633CVG0A64CYJZ13R

https://www.officefurnitureonline.c...hairs-less-100/optima-mesh-office-chair.html#

https://www.equip4work.co.uk/office...flash-ergonomic-task-chair-with-headrest.html

Last edited: 8 Sep 2018
  2. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

if your buying blind then make sure the retailer offers free returns other wise you'll be hit with a expensive courier charge.
    also worth keeping an eye on gumtree i scored a mint hm aeron chair for a very good price

Mister_Tad and Otis1337 like this.
  3. BA_13

BA_13 Member

Advice from Yaka is excellent and I'd say trying at home is far better than 30 seconds trying in a shop. I slipped a disc years and went through quite a few chairs in your price range and some were okay some weren't before I finally went with a Herman miller, but again testing it works for you is the main thing, my fiancees humanscale chair I find horrible to use, even for 5 minutes. Only advice I can offer is look for a chair rated for 24 hour use.

Mister_Tad and Otis1337 like this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Herman Miller Aeron with third-party headrest attachment. Job done.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

These things. I almost bought an Aeron blind assuming it was the best thing since bread of any type, then I spent a week sitting in one at a training course and finding it not for me.

6. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

altho i am very happy with my aeron, my mrs, brother and dad all found it an uncomfortable chair. think most peeps my self included got sucked into the hype at the end of the day its just a chair. the best chairs do not make your arse and legs numb,i went through a load of chairs and recliners back when i was putting in all nighters on quakeworld/qtf my best seat back then was my mums very old singer sewing chair cast iron frame with a oh so lovely padded back rest and seat.

30 to 60 mins on any given chair will tell you if its good enough

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

30-60 mins of relevant sitting. I find the Aeron super comfortable to sit back in, but not so much for working

8. Gareth Halfacree

I'm the opposite: I love it for working, but I'm not so keen on sitting back. I usually lock it forward!

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

find me one for £200 :thumb:

10. Gareth Halfacree

Keep your eye on FleaBay - you can get 'em for that if you're willing to collect. Otherwise, you're looking at £300 plus VAT from London Aeron (plus £40 delivery outside London.)