1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Spiderman 3 by Matt Fielder

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 4 Dec 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Very nice, a good amount of business potential... Nerds like computers/super heros, ever comic book shop in the states would buy this..

3. AClark

AClark What's a Dremel?

This mod is great and it's nice to see even "minor" details such as the hard drive covers being taken into consideration.

As a new comer to the modding community, what happens to mods like this when they are complete?

4. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

that hard drive mod must of been hard to pull of, shame about the one dead one. very nice work.

5. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Very fine work he did there, looks great.

6. customh

customh conflagration.

What mouse is that and why does the receiver look the way it does?

7. katmandude

katmandude What's a Dremel?

great mod! the HDDs look fab! i don't think the lighting is a good idea, u get fed up with the twinking rather fast. This is the sort of hardish core mod that we should be seeing, a challenge!

How long do you think those HDDs will last? ever thought of doing a filtered oil HDD mod?
    by adding a small pump , a filter , high grade low viscosity oil and a radiator would it be possible to make a effective cooling and particule filtering process for the HDDs? i suppose the head's performance will be affected by the oil? then again, considering the power of the magnet , i wonder?

A.

8. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

the answer

The mouse depicted is a Logitech G7 wireless laser gaming mouse.
    This mouse has a tiny USB receiver that plugs into a USB battery charger for the two special Li-Polymer batteries that comes with the mouse. The battery charger has a pass-through USB port and shares the power with the receiver.

You can then take the mouse and the receiver-stick with you if you are going to use the mouse with a laptop for a days work (the battery lasts at least this long so you don't need to bring the charger with the long wire).

The mouse features large teflon pads and a 2000DPI laser unit.

I actually own this pice of equipment and also it's wired brother, the G5 model.

I recommend them both.

9. FragK

FragK What's a Dremel?

Shame you can't see more of the nice insides when the side-panel is on :(

10. Regulator

Regulator What's a Dremel?

That is a freaking sweet mod. I have always wanted to try the hdd window mod, I feel very inspired now to destroy a couple of drives!

Excelent lighting and polish !
    :hip:

11. feldm4n

feldm4n What's a Dremel?

Hey thanks for the compliments everyone. I just noticed i am a mod of the year candidate but i know i don't have a fighting chance haha. Anyways i thank you at Bit-Tech for believing my mod belonged as a candidate. Any questions feel free to ask and i will answer.
    -Matthew

12. cvasquez

cvasquez What's a Dremel?

Feldm4n, I want a case like this. Can you build another one if so for how much?

Tags: Add Tags