1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Spilling stuff on computers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by CyberSol, 21 Oct 2004.

1. frag_daddy_2007

frag_daddy_2007 What's a Dremel?

well i was working on my keyboard and stupidly tried to clean it and spilled paint remover all over it... :duh:

2. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

you spilt paint remover all over your keyboard? what on earth were you doing cleaning it with paint remover? use simple green, youve got a better chance at recovering it if you spill it all over.

the keyboard i got for my birthday last year was secondhand (ergonomic ms natural pro) and it had all kinds of food and dried sticky coke and just all kinds of crap. tore it apart, cleaned it, still didnt work. so, tested my painting skills on it, then painted my ms natural elite BRIGHT BLINDING ORANGE (this goes out to whoever ranted about my orange sig a while ago).

3. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

*shiver* Orange. *shiver*

4. Rubes

Rubes What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine actually threw up on his keyb,....we threw it away immediatly cos :eeek: The smell,...

5. mirrrion

mirrrion What's a Dremel?

Coca-cola owes me two keyboards and a mouse!

6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

coco-cola owes me £1.80 for not returning my money in a machine.

What Coco-Cola Owes
    • 2 keyboards
    • A mouse
    • £1.80

7. mirrrion

mirrrion What's a Dremel?

Suing Coca-cola - Priceless.

8. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I think I spilt something on my laptop keyboard, although I can't recall actually spilling anything, it started typing weird characters and not working properly. Luckily it was just the keyboard that was buggered and was replaced for free at my dad's work! :D

9. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

I was setting up a computer lab in a hotel for a business and one of the testers spilled coke on his compaq kb, I took out the screws and pulled the keys away from the board. I then went into the kitchen and used the sprayer for the dishwasher, patted it with a towel and fanned it around for about 5 minutes. Put it back together and it was like brand new.

10. frag_daddy_2007

frag_daddy_2007 What's a Dremel?

i wasnt cleaning it with it it was just on the workbench and i knocked it over.... :duh:

11. Ph33r Viper

Ph33r Viper What's a Dremel?

I have never spilled anything on my computer or anyones computers.

12. quack

quack Minimodder

It's been a good few years now, but I once knocked an entire can of fizzy Ribena into my brother's keyboard. Never worked properly again, all that sticky liquid got under all the keys and they'd get stuck depressed. I bought him a new one.

13. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

My work keyboard has had at least 3 cups of coffee spilt on it.

Its still the best keyboard I have ever used, probably because its the one I am most used to.

MS Natural (incase you were wondering).

14. Clanure

Clanure What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised no one has tried this, but when I was going through A+ certification, we tested a theory. It was rumored that you could take a keyboard and throw it in the dishwasher (no soap of course) and run it. We tried this and let it dry thoroughly for a week. When we plugged it back in everything worked fine. The key is water, which won't hurt it as long as it isn't plugged in. it's anything else that is corrosive (soda is pretty bad).

Clanure

15. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

dumped an entire cup of Ramen over my Logitech Cordless Elite Bluetooth. spent prolly 2 hours cleaning out noodles and the broth stuff. not cool. :duh:

16. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

cordless elite kb (non-bluetooth) + cup of milk = lots of parts of keyboard on counter getting blowdryed.

Television remote (the good kind, it had a flip up part and progamable buttons and a little joystick thing) + chocolate milk. I threw that in a tub of water and swished it around for a while, then i took the whole thing apart and dried it for a few days, works like new.

17. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

My friend was on his pc, with a waterbomb in his mouth, not completely full but enough, he was chewin on it and stuff... not real hard, then *burst*...

Water was in his pc cus he keeps the side panel off because of heat issues...

He had to get a new mobo... :hehe:

but luckily nothing else was damaged... :eeek:

18. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I had a cup full of fluid xp, if feel on my mobo, it still worked.. Blimary..:s

19. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

i spilled peach squash inside my old rig once.....had the case side open and on the desk and when i turned arround my arm sent the glass flying into the case spilling the contence all over. Screen went all funny colours and i pulled the plug. Booted ok again after i dryed it and now just smells of peach :D

20. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

I've spilt everything from coca-cola (they owe me a keyboard) to vinegar on my pc. Ok so it was an old p90. So what? :D

I'm trying to convince my guardians to let me take fries & mayo upstairs so I can spill that over my keyboard too :D