1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ [Sponsored] Angl3d Ti - Dual loop | EKWB | ASUS ROG | be quiet! | Enermax | Teamgroup | by Zeuligan

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Zeuligan, 4 Mar 2018.

1. kim

kim Active Member

:jawdrop:

Zeuligan likes this.
  2. Zeuligan

Zeuligan Active Member

I guess you like it? :)

3. Zeuligan

Zeuligan Active Member

Last piece before the exterior frame is complete is the front. It is also the hardest due to my design choice to expose the 3 front fans. As I have a challenge with the precision with my hand tools, I decided that the only way to get a prefect fit, is to make the holes for the fans to small and then I have to gradually grind them into shape and size, but first things first...

[​IMG]

It doesn't look like it's that much left to do, but with the cut outs I knew I had my work layed out for me

[​IMG]

Started with cutting and filing 4 pieces to start the cut outs. The challenge is that the holes needs to be flat, but I want an angled front.

[​IMG]

Lot's of tape to keep the small edges together and in place while setting.

[​IMG]

Perfect fit, even if the tape adds to the future sanding job.

[​IMG]

I had an idea for a slight indent in the front, to make it less flat. Looks good, but adds another dimension to the complexity of this piece.

[​IMG]

Better angle for how the design will look.

[​IMG]

Fun feeling to start to see the design take shape.

[​IMG]

Almost done with the first cut out, but as I don't have anything to connect the last piece, I needed to start working with the next cut out.

[​IMG]

Six small pieces later and the middle cut out is starting to form.

[​IMG]

This is a good angle to show the complexity and how many extra pieces is needed to keep the angled design and still ensure flat cut outs.

[​IMG]

Many hours later and the front is slowly taking shape

[​IMG]

Two larger triangles to start working on the bottom of the front and the last cut out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So small and fragile. Took forever to handfile them into shape, but managed without breaking them.

[​IMG]

Added two corresponding angles to the bottom

[​IMG]

Intentionally I didn't close the gap yet. Want to ensure I have a good connection and shape towards the midddle cut out.

[​IMG]

One last piece to make the first and top fan cut out ready.

[​IMG]

This is how it looks before I go to work with my hand file

[​IMG]

Takes A LOT of filing, but eventually it will be the right shape.

[​IMG]

Look at that. First connection and first cut out ready. Long update this one. Next update will hopefully be the full front, but first I'm taking a small break, redesigning my modroom, due to a new very exciting sponsorship with Ryobi.

4. Zeuligan

Zeuligan Active Member

I'll add this small update as well. This is the top, after I sanded it down. Almost ready for paint or vinyl

[​IMG]

Goatee likes this.
  5. DÈF¥âÑt¸.·´¯`¤

DÈF¥âÑt¸.·´¯`¤ Active Member

I recon some one's seen that and thought hmmm there's my new back pack! :naughty:

I swear mate that's going to look amazing no matter what colour you paint it :rock::rock::rock:

Zeuligan likes this.
  6. Zeuligan

Zeuligan Active Member

Thank you very much <3
    Backpack ;)