1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springdale or Canterwood.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smirnoff, 17 May 2003.

1. Smirnoff

Smirnoff What's a Dremel?

Hello my English friends, iam going to buy some new pc components next week and i have a some question about the motherboard.

I will buy a P4 2.4ghz 800fsb, but i dont know exatcly which motherboard i want.
    Iam thinking at buying a Abit IS7-G (with Springdale 865PE chipset) or a Abit IC7-G (with Canterwood chipset).
    yeh, IS7-G cost $40 bucks less than IC7-G in sweden :)
    What is the big different between the motherboards? I know that IC7-G supports ECC memmorys, but iam not going to use ECC memmorys, so that function is worthless for me.

One more question..
    Someboy who have IS7 motherboard here, are the IS7 motherboards good at OC like IC7 mobo?

//best regarts Smirnoff@sweden

2. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Canterwood is better if you can afford it.

Some of them can go straight to 260FSB with a good processor out of the box.

4. Smirnoff

Smirnoff What's a Dremel?

I think that i would buy a IS7-G, or maybe P4C800 Deluxe cos it got so nice Raidsystem raid 5/10!!!

How many mghz you think that you can overklock a Intel 2.4ghz 800fsb? with Aircooling?

5. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

If you can afford it, a slightly higher clock speed would give better results.

Maybe 3.2 or so ?

Guess it depends on the combination of the chip and how high an FSB you can get.