1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sprint to offer pocket 3G router

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Beyond the fact that the it is battery powered.

This thing will end up draining you cell battery as well. I have to have my cell constantly connected to the AC or else my batt goes dead.

As I speak, I am connected with a Nokia n75, to the AT&T 3g network, and still get timed out when my pc is loading toooo many kbs.
    I don't think it is becasue the cell cant handle it, I think it is more because the Company doesn't like me downloading soo much.

So I cant expect Sprint to be much, much better. I think in these areas (Sacramento, Ca) Currently Verizon has the upper hand on fast internet.

And still. 'HOURS' of wifi? come on! with 1800 mah batteries?

Please. :rolleyes: That all depends on how many people are connected to it and the amount mbps going through it Doesn't It?
    You might as well just plug this whole thing in (cellphone and router.), and not waste your time.

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Hmm sounds lame really, too many devices are needed for it to work, all of it needing charging, your better off with a PCMCIA card or USB 3g modem powered off the laptop, I use my Vodaphone data card with a pay and go three sim for data on the go but you can also get USB dongles cards etc.

I can see the point to a router as I have need to supply internet to a number of computers in a place with no phone but in this case I have a Linksys 3G router but its not something I woul dneed to do on the move.

Tags: Add Tags