1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Square Enix Party (Some humorous coverage of it)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themax, 14 May 2007.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5612&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=0

I was reading it, and then hit a few coments by the author that were pretty funny. Concerning FF: Anniversay for PSP:

1. Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition -- a remake of the first game in the series, for the Sony PSP, containing the new features of the 2004 Gameboy Advance remake, with newly drawn sprites and the same full-motion video that was included in the 2002 Sony PlayStation remake of the 2000 Bandai WonderSwan remake of the 1987 Nintendo Famicom original version.

Crystical Chronicls for DS:

8. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates -- a new version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, ceremoniously released for Nintendo Gamecube in 2003 as the first Square-Enix game on a Nintendo home console in over five years. This new DS game, which might or might not be a sequel, will no doubt be more successful than its predecessor, which required four people to all A.) Care about videogames, B.) own Gameboy Advances, C.) own Gameboy Advance link cables with which to connect their GBA to a Gamecube, D.) be decent friends with one another, and E.) all be free for six to eight hours at exactly the same time. Now that it's on DS, it should be a little easier to see what the developers are driving at. And hey, it might even have a single-player mode worth mentioning this time.

The last section kinda had me though:

Other bewildering thought gems included the announcement of an announcement of the new Kingdom Hearts game, to be carried out at this year's Tokyo Game Show. This meta-announcement was, if you trust the Japanese Internet, the highlight of the Square-Enix Party, and it didn't even happen at the event -- it happened at the press conference beforehand.

Going along with the meta-announcement flow, Square-Enix announced at the press conference that they would announce a new Star Ocean game on the show floor. As announced, the game was announced, and then kind of ignored. Fans were jumping over ropes to get to the front of the stage show to view the announcement. They sat and waited two hours to hear "Yes, it's coming, and for an unspecified next-generation console", along with a list of names of voice actors and the name of the girl who would sing the theme song. That's it.

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I really really really really wish SE would spend more time on original titles and less time rehashing old FFs. They were great, yeah, and I played it TEN years ago!

Seriously, you could release Final Fantasy VI: Super Special Edgar Edition that comes with a new Edgar Sprite and a special "Edgar's Hat" relic and fifty million Japanese people will buy

on their freaking cell phones.

3. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Well, I played Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time approximately seven years ago, but I'm playing it again today. I honestly can't remember the answers to all the puzzles so it's an enjoyable experience the second time round. And it would be 100x more awesome to be able to put it in my pocket and carry it around!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I did that with three other mates and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever had, despite the extremely laboursome experience setting up. We willed away some 40 hours together before the save game corrupted and we lost everything, never finally finishing :(:(

When are we getting Wii Chronicles?

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Bindi the same thing happened to me and my 2 friends. We were so demoralized by the corrupted file save we never played it again. We had the Rainbow Drop too so we could pass through any zone without setting our element.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dude! You think it was a bug with the game? Cause we were something like that far as well. We literally only had another 4-8 hours of game time left.

We simply just gave up and never finished it.

7. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I think it was a bug. Before me friends and I started our game the previous save file they were using had become corrupted. We made it a point to transfer the save to a secondary memory card just because of how common it was for the save to corrupt. Sad part is, when we lost our game, it corrupted during the save process, so we never had a chance to offload it to the 2nd memory card as a backup.

Tags: