1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows STALKER: Clear Sky?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 5 Sep 2008.

1. books

books What's a Dremel?

Buggiest game I've ever played. About 7 years ago, everyone was talking about BUGS!! I HATE BUGS!! and I remember thinking to myself, "I can't even think of a bug I've seen in a game". So I started paying very close attention, and I started finding them, but they were so small and insignificant. Over those several years I've seen some games that are buggier than others, but in all that time, I've never come across a game that was so buggy it was actually technically broken.. and couldn't be played. Until Stalker Clear Sky.

I played it with 1.5.03 which I think was the third patch they released. I got several hours in to it (which isn't very far when you consider that I probably spent 5 hours screwing around in the Swamp), and the game crashed. I loaded it back up again, and it crashed again. I tried loading an older save, and that crashed. For the life of me, I couldn't get it to work no matter what, and yet if I started again from scratch it seemed to work. I read that each new patch invalidates the savegames from the previous version (that's nice too eh? :wallbash:) so I just uninstalled it and decided to wait for more patch love.

1.5.04 came and went and I was busy playing other games, but I read that it solved a lot of issues. Then finally 1.5.05 came along and I figured it would be pretty much bug free at that point. So I started the game again and I got to almost the same place I reached the first time, and the main freakin quest became bugged... I was amazed. I've played games where a little side quest is bugged and I think, "Oh well" and move on to another, but this was the main quest! There is no moving on from that, at all. The main quest was broken and there was no solution. I went on to the official forum to see if there was a workaround, and there was none. The only possible solution suggested was to load an older save game and try starting the quest again. I did that and the same thing happened. To me, that is verging on criminal. I never complain about bugs. I always just put up with it and I am never even too bothered by it! So what if I fall through the world, I have dozens of save games so it's only a 1 minute inconvenience. So what a side quest is bugged, there are 1000 others anyway. But when the main quest is broken, that is just wrong. They should be sued for releasing something that doesn't work. It's like buying a car and the steering wheel falls off.

p.s. Some people on the official forum said you have a better chance of completing it with 1.5.04 than with 1.5.05.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2008
  2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

remember with faction wars the npc you need to speak to might get killed.

3. books

books What's a Dremel?

Yeah. Although if that would stop the main quest, that is just poor design. The problem I had though was just a bugged main quest. The NPC gives you the quest but it doesn't appear in the PDA and then an attack is supposed to be triggered by the game and it never comes.

Tags: