1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Standby not working in XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by pfalcini, 11 Aug 2009.

1. pfalcini

pfalcini What's a Dremel?

My home built PC will not recover from going into standby. It goes into standby with no problems but when it is woken up the CPU and HDD etc all start but the screens stay blank. The only way round this I have found is to restart the machine using the reset button.

Specs:
    C2D 6400
    Gigabyte GA 945PL-S3 BIOS Version F2
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 4350:)
    2 GB 6400 RAM
    XP Pro 5.1, Build 2600

Can anybody tell me how to sort this out and make minor progress to saving the planet and containing my electric bill. :)

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

use shutdown instead XD unless it's vista the hibernate works fine- it's like a shutdown only it restarts in a quickboot back where you left off

3. pfalcini

pfalcini What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried hibernate which does work but it is slower than standby would be. I would prefer to get standby working if I can. I have another machine running XP Home on a Gigabyte mobo and that goes into and out of standby with no trouble.:confused:

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah sleep is picky.. you look in device manager and turn off power saving mode on anything you can- other than that, look at the mb makers website for a bios upgrade