1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Jeez, that guy takes games a bit too seriously. Staying up for days, skipping work etc. just to play a game? Craaaazy.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Just got Arena commander pass, do i need to do anything with it, silly question i know

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

With Arena Commander and the Elite Premium Beta only a day or two away I feel like all my Christmases have come at once :)

4. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Ship + Game package
    Alpha pass (if no Alpha pass incl in package)

Then, lots of caffeine, hot pockets, 2 days off work, and to fix your sleep pattern so you can be awake for 48hrs... apparently ;)

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Nope. If it's in your account you'll be added to the queue for multiplayer access. Everybody gets single player at launch, with slots for multiplayer released in the order of citizen number (ie: how early you got on board). Regardless of multiplayer you can come join us in TeamSpeak on Friday at 1900 GMT for natter.

6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

How did I not know this?! I thought we had to wait for single player and multiplayer based on citizen number....

See you on team speak :)

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Have to disagree about the hotas customization question and answer.

come on man they are going to release star citizen with ZERO hotas support, that's not good enough from this video I get the impression that these guys have been sitting fairly ok pretty for 2 weeks or so right, and they cant provide even the top three hotas profiles etc so that the game is cooking out of the door.

They basicly said there you cant customize the controls ? what does that mean, they want one build and game to work with but what does that mean? Hotas it not supported at all? keyboard and mouse only?

I'm completely happy with ARMA 3 and helicopters, Oculas Rift is dropping in July.

It has to be said that star citizen, its not a given that its going to be every thing and a bag of chips straight away, its going to take 3, 6 months for it to get polished.

no hot as support or ability to customize it... lol.. lol at them?? means to control your star ship are NO1 PRIME tasks to be enabling.

?

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Strange looking bloke bent over on my doorstep when I got back from work. Turned out he was delivering my Thrustmaster T-1600M! Impressed! Solid build and great tactile feel in use. Should be a solid performer with Arena Commander.

9. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Yeah, really. I haven't even built a PC for this yet and this guy is talking about 60 hours of game play? wow.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I need a half decent mic before any teamspeak, i have no mic at present, will only be looking for something cheapish that works, nothing drastic,

Might pop on teamspeak to listen to the natter if i get a chance

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

You're clearly having a comprehension fail. HOTAS is supported - CIG have shown multiple videos with HOTAS in use during QA etc (X52, X55 and Warthog are the ones I've seen, plus Xbox pads). What you can't do is customise the controls in the immediate launch of AC - it'll be following as an update, because they want to get something out the door and not introduce another point of failure.

Lets also reiterate an important point.

Arena Commander, launching tomorrow, is an alpha build. It is not the final product. It will be buggy. It will lack features. It will crash. It will have connection problems. It will improve over time. Features will be added. AC is not the "alphas" that we see from the likes of EA, where the game is basically finished and is a month or two off launch, this is a proper alpha with all that this entails.

CIG are building the foundation for the game. Customisable controls are not a foundation - they're something that gets added a bit later in development.

Also, if you're that bothered about customising your HOTAS controls, go look at the software that came with it. Thrustmaster and Saitek's software can remap buttons without having to look at the game settings. CryEngine also has an XML file you can edit to adjust keymaps. CIG simply haven't done a GUI for it yet.

EDIT
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2216220/#Comment_2216220

CIG clearly know what they want, they just haven't had time. Support for four devices is plenty, which also totals 200 buttons and 16 HATs. Four devices also doesn't include TrackIR.

Last edited: 28 May 2014
  12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

going to be interesting to check out what they have been up to... all expectations to the side, that many great and talented people working on this for quite some time now, plus its on the cry 3 engine and they have vendor support INSIDE OUT, and as much £ as required.

Its going to be interesting to see what they have produced,

Any way you cut it, its going to need to leave you with a sense of amazement. any thing less even in alpha will be a disappointment. It needs to draw the promise if not today, the narration of star citizen today is even all that is called for.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

14. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Balls. Balls balls balls.

I was looking forward to reading the deranged & unrealistic expectations from rainbowbridge after it sank in exactly what 'early Alpha' means in a game a good 18mo away from being close to anything resembling finished.

Simply having raised money, eventually being able to hire more highly skilled staff, and put them to work on an engine universally used for FPS games, to build a space sim game beyond anything any other developer has attempted, how on earth is it possible it isnt even released already!?! :wallbash:

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's just frustrating. Bets on how long it'll be now? Apparently CIG have been saying the delay is measured in days, not weeks...

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

17. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This makes me sad :(
    Although now I have time to also get a decent microphone.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Suits me quite nicely, I'm not back until the 1st. In any case, I'd rather have a working game than a Battlefield 4.

19. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

It's a shame...but we all knew it was coming right? ;)

I must say, having read the post by Chris, I am really impressed the transparency and openness to ensure we are best informed at all time. I actually look forward to keeping an eye on 'blocker' and 'critical' big updates/!fixes over the next few days.

20. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder