1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

It's more that the classic Pirate Pack has no game package so the upgrade to keep LTI may not be worth it.
    Just went looking for a grey market and Cutlasses either don't sell or everyone is keeping them :)
    SHornets on the other hand seem to be verging on $300!!!

2. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

They did a Pirate which wasnt the 'Digital Pirate' package? Never knew that.

I wonder if you contacted support, and asked if you added the difference in RSI credits to your account, they'd convert it to a package version, so you could keep the LTI.

Personally, i wish there was a better way for them to have done things from the beginning, but its easy to say that knowing how things have progressed, with upgrades and CCU's. I wish they'd decided upon say 3-4 tiers of 'package' and given them a value, and then had the ships standalone price. So if an Aurora LX is $30 and the LX package is $40, then the 'package' is worth $10. You'd have the Conny one at $50, and whatever else is out there. Then let you detach the package, so you can buy a Hornet. It'd resolve the issue of people being stuck with Alpha packages who cant do what they want with the ship, cos otherwise they'd lose their alpha access. Having a $225 Conny, and knowing you cant melt it for the Carrack or whatever, else you'd have to buy a package plus $10-15 in alpha passes, is stupid. Let people lock the package down, and melt the ship component so they can buy any SA ship.

3. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

It's the 'Pirate Pack'.
    Cutlass
    Hanger
    LTI
    Docking collar
    Skull & Crossbones skin

We'll see how things shake out tonight :)

4. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Cutlass Red & Blue just got outed by CIG, apparently theres a new patch available, and they're there in the .PAK files :D

Not sure what else is there, but it seems the Cutlass has been given a PBR makeover.

[​IMG]

I dont think i could ever tire of seeing these ships, they're absolutely stunning.

- Edit -
    v0.9.1.2
    Published 10/10/2014

Features
    • To Be Announced...
    • Added the M50 Flair

So thats 'TBA' and the Subscriber flair, the M50 model.

450mb in size, im not really expecting much beyond the variants available to buy once announced.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2014
  5. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

wow, im impressed by the concept art.

[​IMG]
    0 left

7. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Sold out in 1min! Absolutely bonkers, but what a community.

8. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

haha, i called it :D (i'll add quotes from last friday later)
    free light in space, landing request, atmosphere flight, to landing and walking around a stunning planetside area.
    That landing sequence was nothing short of amazing.

For something quickly thrown together, and 'original hornet to how it is now' as a comparison of how early it is, simply amazing.

9. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Bang on 2hrs! 60min my ass :D, CR's far too passionate about it all to cram the pre-recorded stuff in there and talk about their involvement etc.

That was really enjoyable too, like a 1hr 'behind the scenes' with Chris chipping in. The Shubin mining platform looked amazing, imagine landing on there, going for a look round, and then trying to remember where you parked :D
    The MobiGlas bit, just concept art (iirc), was really nice to see too, and its looking really nice and impressive, it really can be easy creating an original in-game OS for almost a full millennium into the future.

Stuff like today is why ive been happy to put such sums of money to help them achieve their goals. I'd spend similar amounts on PC hardware every 2-4yrs, about 1/4 on games a year (if that), and to date, the closest thing to a space game ive played is FTL! What other game shares its passion with its community, holds events around the globe to meet them, and show off what they've worked on. It came to me during the event, the closest thing i can think of to what we have with SC is Apple, that same presentational aspect and fanaticism of its believers (ive never owned an Apple product, btw) which has its good and bad aspects i suppose (it is fanaticism afterall).
    But if people needed a reason why someone would spend so much money on virtual ships for something not even out yet, when they'll buy it for $40 and get everything in game IF its worth buying... days like today are why, its not about the ships, they're a bonus, its about supporting something when its being done right (maybe not perfect, they do kinda milk the customer and they know how to market sales to their benefit etc) in a time when development is so often about getting something out for a deadline and having little dignity about what they ship to their paying customers.

With that said, im off to gloat on the other places i made my prediction on (and havent seen anyone come up with the same thought either) :D

Live stream recording
    http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/b/576890938

Demo is at 1:58 if you just want to see that (its the only thing demo'd, plus the cutlass ad i guess)

Last edited: 11 Oct 2014
  10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I played this dk2 demo Discovering Space a while back and it was touching to the core, real presence of space going on, they have been hard at work, just reading on the rift arcade about it.

They portray space really well in this.

Space is awesome, majestic, beautiful. I think in the emptiness of space, its like looking into a mirror of your own infinite yet finite self.

11. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

So I was not wanting to do much else with new ships for a while. The Cutlass Blue having a higher maximum shield made me get it :/
    Will be fun to play with my wife though, Need to buy her a package sooner rather than later.

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The 890 looks lovely, but it can wait. Depending on in-universe cost an 890 might make a decent early flagship for BitSec, and longer term it can be used as a flagship for smaller ops when we don't want to take an Idris or Javelin along.

It's nice to see the Cutlass getting some love, but I'm torn. I love the concept of SAR (the Red), but for an additional $20 the Red has lost a lot of weaponry and only gained some medical beds. The Blue looks a lot better, but is quite expensive (even as an upgrade).

13. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

im being stupid. where is the menu to melt ships..... i cant find it.....

14. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

My RSI, my hangar, drop down the ship listing and the button is there

15. Moppi

Moppi Minimodder

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

CitizenCon Livestream recording:-

17. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sales on 890Jump & Cutlass seem to be working well.

CIG have taken $1.3million in the last 24 hours! :jawdrop:

Pledgecount = $57,781,227
    Citizens = 618,162

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My hangar is empty, is there some way to select the ships so they appear in your hangar?

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They now allow YOU to choose which hangar bay your ships are parked in.

Go to the RSI website.
    Click on My RSI
    Click on My Hangar
    Scroll down to Hangar & Click on Configuration
    Move your ships from the left box to one or more of the right boxes.

Start the game. Your ships are parked in your hangar. :thumb: