1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Star Wars: Squadrons

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by VipersGratitude, 15 Jun 2020.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Fair enough - I've literally never heard of him before and so this was just my first impressions of him. I understand that he may be having problems with his hardware when he mentions about the HOTAS deadspot but I don't have any issues with mine. Also his comments about replayability seem odd when you've got multiplayer and even just practice mode which is fun. As for his ripping apart the rebel characters - I don't see how they're any worse than any other npc's in any other game. Maybe he was hoping for characters he recognised but then you'd have the die-hard star Wars fans screaming about canon etc. Maybe I'll look at some of his other videos, maybe not.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Minimodder

I grew up with the dream of playing the part of Luke Skywalker in the arcade vector graphics version, so this sounds like it will be right up my street.
    Trying to hang onto my Steam wallet funds for Cyberpunk!

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Minimodder

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

This is awesome in VR with a Hotas! - The Quest 2 does well and looks as good as my HP Reverb over link when upping the bitrate. Currently encoding it at 500Mbps in Oculus debug tool.
    Running maxed out, with 200% Resolution, and 60% TAA Sharpening, makes this game look incredible in this HMD.

GeorgeK and wyx087 like this.
  5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I just got the game on Origin yesterday. It's clearly designed for VR with look-to-select hanger and briefings, cockpit only view.

Anyone know how to get Oculus VR mode working with Quest Virtual Desktop?
    In SteamVR, I get bad VR performance, the 2nd tutorial mission made my stomach churn. Using Link cable and Oculus mode, I can play in Ultra setting and everything works great.

6. Yaka

Yaka Modder

im having problems with hotas, but really nifty on my quest 1 with link cable

7. wyx087

Last edited: 28 Oct 2020
  8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Just picked this up on steam sale pretty much just for the SP for when my Hp reverb G2 comes in december.
    Will i be ok with the steam controller for this?

I won't be playing it till i get the VR headset to give maximum wow factor.

9. wyx087

I'm using xbox controller and it's working great. HOTAS will obviously give a better experience, I suspect more accurate pew-pew's. Fortunately it's released on console for mass market so the console controllers are mapped very well by default.

The steam controller should work. You'll have to customise it a bit, hopefully someone else already have working profile. It's got the essental: a joystick.

Otis1337 likes this.
  10. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder