1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Star Wars: The Old Republic to go free-to-play

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Virus44

Virus44 New Member

Always did say swtor was terrible maybe bioware finally got the message :D

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

the game engine IMO was the biggest fail for it - when they had to do a major rewite for animation literally a few weeks before release , there are massive issue - in fact IIRC they removed hi res textures and never put them back?

3. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Member

People will pay for quality, and SWtoR is not a quality game. That is the main problem. No customizable UI, no addons, no combat log and worst of all a bad end game. Just on that basis, it deserves to fail.

Mostly, players did not quit SWotR because of the monthly fee. They quit because it was a poor game.

4. PlayLoud

PlayLoud New Member

High res textures are back in the game. I don't remember when they went back in (I stopped playing when ME3 was released, and only recently came back to SWTOR), but they are definitely back in.

5. PlayLoud

PlayLoud New Member

The UI is customizable now (has been for a while), and is much improved because of it. True, there are no addons, and no combat log. I have to disagree when you say it is a bad game (I love it), but that is subjective. When unsubbing, 40% of the people said that the subscription is why they left. That's a significant amount.