1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate Themed Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mother-Goose, 19 Dec 2005.

?

What gate should i have on my case?

1. Atlantis

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. SG1 - (the original)

63 vote(s)
    78.8%
  1. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

LOL she said that in the latest episode when the bloke returned.

2. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

It would be relatively easy to make something like that with alot of wire. I like the atlantis gate more personaly but its alot harder to make something like that.

3. TheMightySpud

TheMightySpud Boy Genius

Well as you've pretty much decided on the SG1 gate, screw it, I'm doing an Atlantis based mod :p

I've pretty much got everything worked out, will hopefully post the plans later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long it takes me to reformat (don't ask)

TheMightySpud

Oh, a small ps......what's the name of the 3D modeller you've been speaking to? (PM if you like) I have an idea about who it maybe, just curious to know if it is or not :)

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

hehe ok :) Still waiting for a reply :wallbash:

If not, i think toster gate is the way forward, lol

spud, pm me with ur plans, we can bounce ideas off each other!?

5. isho

isho What's a Dremel?

Well i am doing a transformers mod and i think i will put a stargate on cybertron. LOL, just joking.......On second thought.

6. Mother-Goose

hehe im thinking of gettina p90 airsoft and making it into some kind of carrying handle

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

he he i might be getting one of them 2mo :D

8. isho

isho What's a Dremel?

On your stargate i think i know of something to save you some trouble if your willing to wait. http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/spectrum.asp if you cannot get this page you might have to register, the page will not let me copy the page so that i can put it in imageshack. anyway diamond select is releasing a serise of stargate figures, all the figures come with parts to build a stargate, sorta like marvel legends build a figure thing. This is cool in two ways not only do you get a stargate but your get show accurate characters to incorporate into the mod.

9. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Have you tryed disabeling java?

10. Mother-Goose

I had also read about that, i thought about it but then thought its not much of a mod, which is a shame. It does deppend on weather any of my other endeavors bear fruit i think.

11. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Nope. Computer Numerically Controlled.

12. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

If you want to be picky its also
    Civil Nuclear Constabulary.
    College of New Caledonia,
    Centre for Novel Computing,
    EDIT: Complete Noobs Convention ! :D :naughty: :naughty:
    :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Last edited: 31 Dec 2005
  13. Mother-Goose

oh you have out geeked yourself there :p

14. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Google is your friend :rock: :rock:
    I dont realy care what CNC stands for cus i cant spell to save my life !!

This is going of topic, get back on topic!

15. Mother-Goose

yes, back on topic. Well after some indepth chattin with mighty spud i have hatched a plan, all i need now it to learn how use a router (the tool) how to cut perfect circles and how engrave minute detail, thats all :D

oh yes, and im thinking of using the trigger on the p90 as the power button, i know i would have to adapt it but what do u think?

16. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

The dremmel is your friend especiall the 395 cus the pack i brought has a sideways cutting drill bit,
    strait edge attachment for grinding lines and the attachment itself has an attachment for doing circyles,
    And there is a plung/router for it.
    whats the P90?

17. Mother-Goose

its the gun sg1 is equipped with season 4 onwards

[​IMG]

18. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

OH that P90. With everone talking about water cooling i thought the P90 was some sort of pump or water tank.

19. Mother-Goose

lol nah im an air fanboy (no pun intended) i move my rig around too much

20. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

im not sure who said it earlier, but i really like the idea of fitting a screen behind the stargate, it wouldnt be too difficult to come up with either a program or a visualization that emulates the event horizion of the gate, after all, just having it lit up and sitting there would kinda, imo take away from the fluidness of the horizion

either that, but itd be soooo cool to get the gate spinning, honestly it couldnt be that hard i was thinking that you need some sort of backing, im not to keen on balsa wood, however sheet metal is thin and cheap and strong for this at least, cut the backing out of the metal, then make a inner circle out of whatever you like, just needs to be done for a frame, then cut 2 lengths of metal and fix them to the inner and outer rimm's of the backing, use jbweld or whatever you have your mind fixed on to fix that, sand it or whatever process to finish that fits your desire, get some plexi, or perspex, again whatever suits your fancy, then you need to frost it, and light it from behind

next you need to create the top, any method will do, since we have the plexy it will easily light up those chevrons, now, since the gate normally sits in a stand or in the ground a bit, usually is not a full visible circle, you can use a small dc motor, with a rubber wheel to hit the top spinning circle of the gate, controlled either via your parallel port and some simple software on the pc side, or a simple toggle switch or whatever you desire to be the controller

personally this is how i would attempt it, if this makes any sense

i really love the idea of a sg themed case, be it sg1 or sga...

honestly you could always do a fade, almost split your case in half, and have the gate in the middle, one side being the atlantis gate, the other the classic sg1 gate, anything is possible