1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Starting Her Up

Discussion in 'Modding' started by d4nmy3rs, 26 Nov 2005.

1. d4nmy3rs

d4nmy3rs What's a Dremel?

I have a cicero tower and recently the plastic behind the power on button snapped...and i cannot find anywhere that sells the piece. Plus I heard that you can hook up an old car ingnition to start your computer. I have looked the internet high and low...and either i wasnt lookngi with my eyes open or there was absolutley nothngi when it came to this topic. I think it would be a sweet mod and I am very interseted in doing it. If any body could tell me how or send me a link to where i could find a guide I would apreciate it very much
    Thnaks , Dan :dremel:

2. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

well the mod is very simple. its jus like using a switch for a light or sum appliance, the turned ignition has a little post that close a circuit which turns on the comp. So if this isnt enough then go to this site, www.metku.net, and chek out the modding section. then look at the mod where the guy makes his own mouse pad called the 'breeze pad' he uses a switch too that is exactly the same as a car's ingition.
    hope this helps

3. d4nmy3rs

d4nmy3rs What's a Dremel?

thanks but do you have a diagram or picture that tells me what the certian wires that are hooked up to the start button?

4. Navig

Navig What's a Dremel?

All you need is any momentary switch. Most switches will come with a wiring diagram. If you go with SPST (single pole single throw), there will be only 2 leads. Momentary means that the contacts remain closed only as long as you are depressing the switch. Other switches such as toggles will cause problems because if the contacts remain continuously closed for 5s, the motherboard will shut it back down.

Switches from a computer site.

Switches from a wholesale electronics site.

Again, if you have any concerns (and in fact you should always test before you install) just use a multimeter.

navig

5. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?