1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay back! we're dangerous!

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 25 Jan 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

that made me laugh,
    lets see, heavy snow, yup. I remember getting 6 feet in one day. of course it was forcasted, and the streets were all cleared a few days later. well, the side streets anyway. the main streets were cleared the next day. and it only happened once. and its not like the rest of the country doesn't have snow plows.
    avalanches? yeah if you go off a trail into an area marked as an avalance zone. last i remember we dont have mountians across the entire country.
    forest fires that erupt? sure there are forest fires in the summer, but we have a lot of really good fire fighting equipment right across the country. we had a fire break out near the gas plant that i work at while we were eating lunch. by the time we even noticed it there were already 3 chopers dropping water on it. the fire was out in less than an hour.
    active earthquake zone? I dont remember there ever being an earthquake...
    terrorism? um... what? where?

do people even do research anymore? its like that woman who said that the "sex scene" in mass effect was going to end the world. (ok, maybe she didn't quite say that but you get the idea)

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I want to visit canada for all those reasons.

3. chrisb2e9

anyone scared to come here should live in a white padded room.

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Bwahahaha...

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

6. chrisb2e9

I love that movie, the way that they make the Canadians look like complete polite pushovers is hilarious.

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Did a two week coach trip in Canada about 10 years ago. Started off in the US at Boston and covered Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Quebec etc Alot of travelling, but what a great Country. Anyone into Photography and the outdoor scene would have a field day out there. Found a nice little chain of English style pubs called Elephant and Castle. Put's some of pubs in Blighty to shame I can tell ya. Imagine a steak and kidney pudding with no gristle on the meat and a pudding the size of a small saucepan. Heaven:D Plus little black (ninja) squirrels:cooldude:

8. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

I want to move to Canada sometime during my life. I live in the US currently.

9. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

we had an earthquake where i am. or maybe that was all those terrorists blowing up stuff and setting off an avalanche?

hmmm. oh we had the worlds only Fire Tornado where i live. some morons set fire to bales on a farm. huge fire. it was in end of october so it was cold and the heat from fire started a tornado. a big fire tornado. picked up a vehicle and threw it. it was even on TLC channel about tornado stuff. w00ts!

so dont come here. its scary.

but seriously i think they are thinking the snow is a terrorist so then we have lots of terrorists here.

10. chrisb2e9

if thats the case then we must be a terrorist training camp in the winter, lol

11. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

where did you get six feet of snow in one day? and can i have some?i've got like 8" here right now and i am getting kind of pissed off. i want to go skiing.

and if canada is in the second-safest category, where are the safest places? i can't think of anyplace safer than canada.

12. Brett89

Brett89 Active Member

Oh man, I'm glad I've saved myself by moving across the border. I think I'll skip visiting my grandparents in Edmonton and forego my inevitable doom and vacation in Latvia. Sensible.

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin New Member

ZOMG Canadians are such heroes for living in such a country, I could not google a charity to give to the Canadian orphanage, I am sure there should be plenty of them with such harsh winters ...

14. chrisb2e9

it was in halifax. I was living in park vic... which was after flight school, so it was the winter of 2004. actually we had a hurricane that summer. Hurricane juan i think it was. maybe I should tell them that canada gets hurricanes too. i would think that that would be on the list as well.

I would be happy to forward your money to my drinking... i mean the correct charities.

15. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Thankyou for this info:

16. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Maybe to the average Australian snow is more dangerous than poisonous bugs, snakes, toads, ..., everything?

Scared of avalanches? Drive through southern Saskatchewan - the only risk is boredom :p (Actually I Love the prairie skies)

17. chrisb2e9

yeah, nice clean air in the prairies. one thing that i hated about atlantic canada, I didn't even realize how much the air in eastern canada was making me sick until i moved out here.
    oops, theres another one. polluted dirty air on the east coast.

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

luckily transcanada speed limit was raised to 110 in sask so driving through is a little quicker.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo Stopped treating this country as if it was his own

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Post of the day. :clap:

20. speedfreek

speedfreek New Member

I went to Canada over new years and it was rough, I was in Brantford and feared for my life. It snowed occasionally, Occasionally! I was scared half to death, plus it was cold, as if it were winter or something.

I think Canada is safer than the US if anything.