1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STEALTH:: LIAN LI TRANSFORMATION! 12/07 new pics

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fohkus, 1 Oct 2003.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I'm not sure what was wrong with your other project, but I do really like the twist you're giving it. It looks great!

2. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

I guess i wasn't satisfied with the results :( I dont kno which one you're talking about but i'm assuming the first post of this project right? I just thought I could've done so much more and that it was a little too simply.. I'm still not that quite satisfied with what i have! I think it'll have to do though because my creativity level isnt that high :sigh:

3. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Your creativity level is high alright! I look at you giving a Lian Li an entirely different look, while I simply convert an old AT case to ATX. For instance, look at your Cube, and look at Helios... or look at your Stealth, and take another look at Rain. I mean, you are really good with whatever you are using to modify that case. Besides that, I think it's quite natural to be unsatisfied with whatever you have (unless of course you call yourself G-gnome or Zapwizard ;) ), but really, you are doing a magnificent job!!

(and indeed, I was talking about the first posts...)

4. Vcdman

Vcdman What's a Dremel?

hey fohkus great mod it looks very nice, but i ahve a question about the pc-rider led boards. I know you are aware that computuning went out of business, and was lately told this after planning on purchasing a pc-rider board, and i know everyone says just make your own, but i am looking for this oen because i like its exact features. I was wondering if you were experiences with any schematic software and could possibly draw up the baord real quick considering it is small and then possibly list the resisters/other components on the board i would pay if you could do that. Thanks

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Very nice work looks nice a clean :)

6. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

unfortunately i dont have any experience with that kind of stuff. Sorry man :( I'm sure you can get some help from the electrical forum!

7. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

this case does look very good... love the tinted acrylic... it compliments aluminum very well and you've done a pretty good job integrating everything so far... very interested to see what comes next

8. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

:jawdrop: wow, nice very nice. you shold be proud of that :clap:

9. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

you mean it doesnt look stock anymore? .....good!

:D

/subscribed!

10. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

Great job man! I really like to see people push themselves and come up with something better instead of considering a mod "done" :clap:

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Give that man five stars! :D :clap:

12. staffa

staffa What's a Dremel?

Fabulous!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

13. alien0us

alien0us What's a Dremel?

this is absolutely sexy, much inspiration with the plexiglass work, very nice :rock:

14. Sol Badguy

Sol Badguy What's a Dremel?

theres black plexiglass?

where the hell have i been :wallbash:

15. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

i think they have almost every color in acrylic... except for like purple or ssomething..

16. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

I finally got to finish the top over the past 2 weeks or so and it was a stressful ride! But anyways, if you remember from the first batch of posts, i gave a preview of the top? Well that was a piece of regular clear acrylic w/ window tint applied to it. After awhile, all these bubbles started to appear and it looked terrible. So i didn't use that panel anyways. So I reconstructed a new one and redesigned it to allow room for an extra add-on, the 6 port 12v/7v/ baybus :)

[​IMG]
    Here is the regular piece of acrylic cut out and positioned on the top of the case.
    [​IMG]
    I then got the drilling template from the kit and positioned it the front top part. I've always wanted to have the switches mounted on the top cuz i thought it looked cool and different :)
    [​IMG]
    Here the holes were drilled out..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Since I was going to mount the radiator to the top of the case, i marked out a 120mm hole. Awhile ago gnome mentioned that I should make my own fangrill. I decided to try to make an integrated fangrill so that a fangrill wouldn't be needed at all.
    [​IMG]
    So after drawing out the simple design of just an X, i drilled out holes everywhere so that I could use my jigsaw to cut it out..
    [​IMG]
    [After i cut out the holes, i went ahead and painted the backside of the plexiglass to make a nice clean reflection. After doing so, my acrylic piece got SUPER messed up. On one side the paint was applied, on the ohterside it like fogged up like crazy and there were batches of white fog and it looked terrible. So i threw that panel away.
    [​IMG]
    I then made a new panel and i came out with a crazy design. I thought it looked so sweeet. It took me nearly 3 hours to cut and file. After that, i drilled in the fan holes and .... they were not straight and my fan ended up not fitting. :wallbash: So i threw that panel away and gave up w/ the idea of an integrated fan grill.
    [​IMG]
    I then made a completely new one and did the same for everything but this time i just simply cut out the hole for the 120mm fan. I took the safe way out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then mounted the radiator onto the top piece as well as the baybus. Temporarily i decided to just use a normal 120mm fangrill and maybe i'll go and get a custom cut fangrill in the future!

Last edited: 9 Nov 2003
  17. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    I then drilled out the holes for the socket cap screws and screwed the top panel onto the top of the lian li case. Lookin sexy!!
    [​IMG]
    And this is what the top looks like w/ the switches on 7v!
    [​IMG]
    And a closeup..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D
    [​IMG]
    Now the back part of the top i tried to be a little different. Rather than just extending the plexiglass from top front all the way to the back, i decided to make the back have a grill-like design. Since the hole was cut out right at where the power supply is (which lightsup blue) it gave a nice and cool effect. The black bars are just pieces of spray painted acrylic so they are rather shiny. Then 2 holes were drilled on the ends of each piece and a socket cap screw was glued on. Rather than having the screw all the way down flush, i decided to make them extend out to give the top more "depth" and dimension. I think it turned out quite nice!
    [​IMG]
    This is the top w/ the front..
    [​IMG]
    Another view of the top
    [​IMG]
    side view
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When switched to 12v, all the blue lights turn to red..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here is the overall look of the case so far!!

Last edited: 9 Nov 2003
  18. Oo_Scotty_oO

Oo_Scotty_oO What's a Dremel?

What a waist of a lovley Lian Li case :( ,

Na just kidding m8 :D , i love your mods very nice indeed , i 'm very jealous :p

19. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

i actually have 2 lian li cases so its not much of a waste to me... :p

20. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Been a long time since I have seen a case without a window... Any plans for it?
    It looks very nice so far. Too bad you couldn't use the integrated fan grill idea.