1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STEALTH:: LIAN LI TRANSFORMATION! 12/07 new pics

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fohkus, 1 Oct 2003.

1. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

yea im definately putting a window. haven't thought about a design yet tho.. any suggestions would be nice :)

2. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Looking cool! Is that a PCmods baybus? I ordered another to replace my controlled from eksidata or some swedish company because it was frying. I'm sure it was meant to have blue/red LEDs but it has the same colour as the cheapo one from sweden.

3. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

No it's not a pcmods baybus, it's from frozencpu or voyeurmods i think the pcdmod's baybus doesnt come w/ blue and red and its not centered either.. but that was awhile ago i dunno if they carry these now

4. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

impressive :D I like the effect of the muskeeter & VFD behind tinted plexi ... well ... where did u got that tinted plexi ? I can't even find normal plexi where I live, so, hum =) dyou have any website who solds plexi, and, hum, carries it in france ? =)

anyway, awesome work :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :clap:

5. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

I got my plastic from usplastic.com I think they ship worldwide but you would have to check up on that!

6. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

Yeah :D thanks man, they do ship worldwide ^_^

I've got some problems with the order form, though .. hem, I don't know what to put in the "Address Name" field ... (hey, don't laugh on me, English's not my language :p ) I've already put my first and last names in the fields, so I don't know what to put in there ... :waah:

and, hum, I don't exactly know what is in inch in mm ... yeah, I know, I know ... ^^ Could someone help me ? pleeease :p

7. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Address would be the place you live, like: 183 10th ave.

There are 25.4 mm in an inch :search:

Certanly is a diffrent way to do a Lian-Li, I can't exactaly say I like it, but I can't say I hate it either. I'm interested to see what else you have in mind for this case...

8. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

Yeah, "Address" I know, but "Address Name" .... :D yeah, I know, I suck :p But I've already put my address in the address field on the bottom & my first and last name too ... so what would be this **** "Address Name" field :confused: :confused:

9. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

Hi guys.. i've been updating rather quickly.. its been months and i want the case to be finished :) Thanks yo duh for your thoughts.. the main idea behind this whole project was to make the lian li into something different. I guess not too many people like it this way but i think its pretty cool so i guess thats all that matters =)

The next thing i worked on was the case feet. I wanted to make the case feet light up. I am aware that they do sell those lighted case feet for like $10 or something but it would be a complete waste to use a premod right now so i went ahead and made my own :)

[​IMG]
    I first took off all the original case feet from the bottom of the lian li.
    [​IMG]
    Crappy feet.. gone!
    [​IMG]
    I then got my little 4inchx4inch 1/2 thick acrylic blocks and i basically drilled out a hole w/ a holesaw. The hole leaves u a piece of round acrylic and it was perfect for the effect i wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then stuffed some red leds into them :) 3mm leds were used.
    [​IMG]
    testing..
    [​IMG]
    I then connected ALL of them! this process was tedious for me cuz i hate soldering.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then connected all four of them and turned them on to a nice satisfying effect.
    [​IMG]
    I cable sleeved all the wires to make it look cleaner and easier to manage under the case.
    [​IMG]
    I then got some rubber stuff from homedepot which i applied to the bottom of the circles so that the feet kind of grip onto the floor and doesnt create a scratching sound if i try to move it.
    [​IMG]
    All put under the case nicely
    [​IMG]
    In order to bring the wires back into the case, i used the original four holes from the original feet and brought the wires in that way. They were then connected to my home-made fanbus.

10. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    I then bought myself 2 nice 6 inch blue cold cathodes to give the bottom a nice blue glowing effect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    looks sexy.. with the lights turned on, the blue cold cathode seems to take over the feet cuz of its brightness. So its going to be either or for me cuz it looks best that way.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what it looks like w/ the blue light effect underneath. The cold cathode was connected to the baybus on the top so i can control it. The fanbus is connected to the baybus too so i can turn off and on the case feet lights.
    [​IMG]
    This is the effect of the red led lighted acrylic circles. Very nice :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I love the look of the feet :)
    [​IMG]
    And thats the end of the bottom. So far i've done the front top and bottom. The next would have to be the side panels followed by the interior. Keep checking back for updates!

11. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

Are you going to use some tinted plexi again for the sides, so that the inside will be stealthed and light up when the PC is turned on ? would be sooo nice :D

Erm, if I may suggest you something about the sides ... The left for example :

You should use four black plexi panels, so that the plexi just leaves an aluminium cross on the panel ... well .. with my ****ty english, I think a pic will be better to explain it :

[​IMG]

(Yeah, I know, the pic sucks, it was drawn quickly just to show what I mean ^^)

You should do the same as the rest of the case, screw the plexi panels over the alu frame, I love this kind of things, it gives a sexy impression with the black plexi with round corners over that straight-lined alu ;) keep up the good work, I can't wait for updates ! your project is soo nice :D

[edit : Updated the pic, was too large]

12. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

thats interesting.. it looks like a window.. like an actual window on your house.. lol.. i guess that would satisfy the term of having a "window" on the side of your comp... thanks for the suggestion :) And yes i am going to use tinted plexi ofcourse!

13. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

;) I've always hated the traditionnal square-ish windows on the side panels ... :x Mine is actually a sort of four triangles cutted in the steel with blue plexiglas behind them ^^

14. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

yeea i dont like the square windows either. Sadly i did attempt to do that before in order to get some scrap aluminum... which i ended up not using. *sigh* but now i'm looking more for a symbol or like a tribal design

15. Zazard

Zazard What's a Dremel?

Yay, tribal-designed windows are cute .. But personnaly, I can't cut more than straight lines with a dremel , so, erm .... ^^ I managed to do a tribal-dragon looking window in my case ... Hopefully i did it on a spare steel panel before thying it on the case, cuz I completely messed it up ! I s u c k with a dremel : :waah: :waah:

[edit :]
    If you do a window more like a symbol, it would be nice if you just cutted the symbol in aluminium and kept a "square-ish" plexi panel on it ... Or may I suggest you using my 4-panels design with a symbol behind each of them ? :hehe: would be great if you had a cool symbol ...

16. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

that is the sickest lian li I have ever seen, :rock: nice work d00d

17. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

My god. I love the origionality. This is one of the true Lian-Li cases I've seen that is completely origional. I love you you moved everything around! I love all the switches and lights. Amazing.

***** 5/5 Stars

Great job man! :clap: :clap: :clap: :dremel: :dremel: :dremel:

18. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

It looks very nice.

I have one suggestion though. Perhaps you could move the bulk of the wiring for the feet somewhere inside the case? While its not visible, it seems that the wiring could easily catch on something and get yanked off. Especially if this is a LAN machine. Only have the wiring that you need come out each original hole for the foot closest to it.

19. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

yeah i think i'll clean up the wires on the bottom later.. theres not much room inside the lian li after i finish stuffing in all the good stuff ;P

20. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

gotta tell ya man... this is lookin really good...

all 3 versions of your case looked very nice... and i really admire your persistence in that you arent afraid to just start over if its not what you'd dreamed.... very nice

i really like how you (i guess u kinda accidentally did this...) but how you incorporated a contrast of blue and red.. it looks much better IMO

great job and ill be looking forward to more