1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Assault

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nathanddave, 29 May 2011.

1. nathanddave

nathanddave What's a Dremel?

Steam Assault is a game created by Valve launched by Steam whereby they launch attacks at your wallet with their deals! :thumb:

Don't get me wrong now I am not saying their deals are bad, in fact I love them when a game comes up and I want to play it. Here however lies the problem, I am just wondering how many other people have bought games on steam that they have wanted to play and bought it because it was on deal. Then after a few hours of game play decide that in fact you no longer want to play this game.

I have done that with quite a few games that have been on deal: such as Monday Night Combat, Red Faction: Guerilla.

Maybe its just me :worried:

2. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

With the prices Valve smash out some games (Ubisoft games at the minute) it really doesn't matter... infact I'm tempted to get the AC and FarCry series that are on there at the minute!

3. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

They should do some kind of system where you can e-swap games with each other.

4. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

But at those prices you can buy 10 games, only play five or six and still be a winner!

I love Steam sales.

But I also approach them tactically.

I have a definite wishlist of what I'm hoping will come up.

Any "maybes" will have had their demos played, where appropriate, or researched on here, GameSpot or the like well in advance.

After all that, there are very few games I've regretted buying in a Steam sale.

As with most people, the real problem is finding the time to play them.

For example I just bought. Assassin's Creed 2 without having played the first.

5. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

Sadly that's a definite No where Steam is concerned.

A game really is for life, and not to be swapped.

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

+1

As far as I'm concerned I'm never going to buy a game that isn't in a Steam sale again because, owing to the colossal backlog my Steam account has, all the games I shelled out for prerelease I didn't play until they were in the bloody sales...

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've got games that I've bought in the sales and still never got round to playing.

I'm sure there's some from last years Christmas sale, as in not last Christmas, the one before that, :D

8. nathanddave

nathanddave What's a Dremel?

Yeah one of Steams terms is that you cannot give back a game once you have bought it.

+1

Same here, but I think I have made a lot more good purchases for me like Supreme commander 2 which I bought on sale and have played on it for many hours.

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Would be nice if they could impliment some kind of transaction code if someone wanted to swap games... Like literally they could middle-man it automatically for example.

We can wish, we'll never get it.